“Some good, some not”

JC's Lobster Pot
Ranked #52 of 183 Restaurants in DeLand
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

Was in the area checking out the local fare. Conch frittters? Check... tasted the conch, not a ton, but good. Not a fan of the dipping sauce, catalina dressing? Had the mahi sandwich, grilled. Very fresh, grilled to perfection, bravo. Fries were warm and crisp. Clam chowder... pass on this. All potatoes, no clams, clam broth tasted like they drained it from a tin can. Will go back based upon the mahi.

Reviewed 13 May 2017

We live nearby, have been going to JC"s for over 25 years. It is ALWAYS great! I read a terrible review, it upset me , it was completely wrong. It looks like like an old time Fla seafood restaraunt. We love it!

Reviewed 1 May 2017

That title is what it says on their business cards. Closed on Mondays, Tuesday through Thursday open from 4p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Saturday 4 to 9 and Sunday noon to 9p.m. I have been eating there for years because the food is delicious, seafood, prime rib and a lot of other menu choices, mainly seafood. Early Bird specials too. I ask for my hush puppies early simply to put in my fish chowder before my main meal and always get the excellent stuffed mushrooms as a side dish. Yummy!

1  Thank Lorrie T
Reviewed 6 March 2017

JC's Lobster Pot is a great place if you want to eat and run. The service is excellent-in fact, too efficient. You are barely done eating your first course by the time the second one is on the table. Nevertheless, the staff is helpful and pleasant. The food is very good. I recommend the fried green tomatoes-probably some of the best I have ever had-not too bready and greasy. My husband always gets the fried catfish dinner and on the "Senior Menu" it's only $7.95, which comes with a soup or salad, entree with sides. Can't beat that! Other menu items that are worth trying is the stuffed shrimp and coquille's dish, both of which are very filling. Keep in mind, this is not your typical gourmet fish restaurant, but the food, service and ambiance is laudable.

Reviewed 5 March 2017

Wow! We ate here last night and I now officially love Hushpuppies! They were really crispy and had a lovely sweet taste. The fries were crispy too, with some sort of coating on them. The catfish tasted like fresh-caught, and the cole slaw was surprisingly excellent. Not a cole slaw person, so that really was quite a surprise. My husband got the surf and turf (rare prime rib and grilled mahi mahi), and loved it. My mom had the fried shrimp and loved it. I had the catfish and loved it. Oh, and did I mention that they were at Senior Menu prices? The one good thing about getting old!

Been to JC's Lobster Pot? Share your experiences!