First the negatives: Best of luck getting around if you've got any kind of physical handicap, as the only way up to the rooms is via slippery stairway. Also, the parking lot is hell, with tiny spaces that do not adequately allow for the opening of car doors. The pool is meh. The beach is meh. The shower is great, but again, very hard to get in and out of... and I'm 26! My parents had an almost impossible time trying to navigate the shower. My last complaint is that so much light comes through the blinds at night that it can be difficult to fall asleep or nap during the day. Also, the furniture in the living is very hard to maneuver in order to use the pull out sofa bed.
Now the positives: The kitchen is well stocked as far as utensils and plates and stuff go. There is a DVD player in the living area (although just a VCR in the bedroom). There isn't a radio or CD player, but the DVD player has a decent sound system, so if you bring your own CDs you can get music that way. There isn't really anything else besides the location, which is great. If you can get your car in and out of the driveway in one piece, of course. Our 1 month old Toyota Camry got pretty beaten up trying to get in and out of the very steep graded entry/exit.
As for what's around there: There is a Publix down the road, but I'd suggest going a little further down Linton to the Target for groceries and essentials... that Publix is pretty grim. Don't eat at the Marriott restaurant on Atlantic, go across the bridge and stop by the Blue Anchor or visit the Artists' District down on Swindon. I thought there would a lot more to do around Delray, but there really isn't. We ended up spending a lot of time in the room watching TV, trying to find somewhere that was open past 9.
One more thing, the Wi-Fi is horrible at the hotel, so make sure you bring your own internet connection with you or you'll be stuck with SouthShore wireless.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautifully situated among trees at the Southern end of Delray Beach the Delray South Shore Club is a perfect place for couples or families to vacation. Let's start with the units, we have two unit types, both one bedroom with a Queen sleeper sofa in the living room and full kitchens. Our villa units have the bedroom upstairs and an extra half bath downstairs. The single level units also sleep up to four (4) people. The entire property is shaded by native trees that arch over our pathways and lead guests out to the beach. On site we have a swimming pool, outdoor hot tub, shuffle board, BBQ grills and an outdoor dining area. Each unit has a secluded patio area with a table, chairs and lounger. All kitchens are equipped with full size refrigerators, coffee makers, ovens, stoves, microwaves, blenders and all the dishes and kitchen utensils. There are TVs in the bedrooms and living rooms along with free WiFi throughout the property and lots of activities nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Delray South Shore Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Delray South Shore Club Hotel Delray Beach
- Delray South Shore Hotel
- Delray South Shore Club Delray Beach, Florida