“Perfect place to relax”

Delray South Shore Club
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Perfect place to relax”
Reviewed 19 November 2010

This was our first time here to South Shore Club. We had to check-in on Sunday, which is a day the office is closed. I called a head and they had our key waiting for us when we got here. First trip was to the grocery store to get our food for the week. There is a Target and Publix up the road. With the small amount of units, it was very relaxing. Like the other posts said, the pool are was never crowded. In fact, there were only two kids there the whole week. There are two gas grills and we never had to wait to use one, There are grilling utensils in the laundry to use. Speaking of laundry room there are two washers and two driers. No charge. There is free wireless internet and management will give you the password. Like all the condos we stay in, the kitchen is fully stocked, we just wash everything the first time we use them. The beach is just a short walk behind the pool and was very clean. If you are into walking or running, Ocean BLVD is perfect for that. The sidewalks are wide and you can walk/run all the way up to Atlantic AVE or George Bush AVE. We did find a few free places to park around the downtown area, so don't feel like you have to pay the meters. There are a lot of restaurants in the downtown area with reasonable prices, but we liked Boston's the best. Over all, we really enjoyed our time and was able to relax.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank gmwallace

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 11 October 2010

Had a great time. Small, friendly, casual. The management was great, and so were the other folks staying there. Only 15 units, so the smallish pool was usually empty, and there was no problem using the grill (even got friendly advice on how to make the perfect steak from the neighbors). Beach was fantastic and empty, and both we and our 1-year-old couldn't have been happier. It rained two days, but it was so warm it didn't matter. Good shopping, good restaurants, great beach, and well-located w/in Florida. No gripes at all, though it probably is time to do a complete renovation of the apartment furnishings (beds and baths, mostly). All in all, one of the best vacations we've had in a long time!

Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank MMMMIIII
Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed 29 July 2010

I've traveled to Delray Beach, FL every year with my family for the past 25 years. Delray South Shore club is the only place we ever stay at! It is so homey and very conveniently located to downtown and is placed right on the beach. The pool and jacuzzi area is always well kept and mostly quiet.
Perfect for a relaxing getaway, and for a family with young children.
My favorite part of each year is staying here, my family and I love it and we are always sad to leave.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank TheresaMac
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 14 June 2010

First the negatives: Best of luck getting around if you've got any kind of physical handicap, as the only way up to the rooms is via slippery stairway. Also, the parking lot is hell, with tiny spaces that do not adequately allow for the opening of car doors. The pool is meh. The beach is meh. The shower is great, but again, very hard to get in and out of... and I'm 26! My parents had an almost impossible time trying to navigate the shower. My last complaint is that so much light comes through the blinds at night that it can be difficult to fall asleep or nap during the day. Also, the furniture in the living is very hard to maneuver in order to use the pull out sofa bed.
Now the positives: The kitchen is well stocked as far as utensils and plates and stuff go. There is a DVD player in the living area (although just a VCR in the bedroom). There isn't a radio or CD player, but the DVD player has a decent sound system, so if you bring your own CDs you can get music that way. There isn't really anything else besides the location, which is great. If you can get your car in and out of the driveway in one piece, of course. Our 1 month old Toyota Camry got pretty beaten up trying to get in and out of the very steep graded entry/exit.
As for what's around there: There is a Publix down the road, but I'd suggest going a little further down Linton to the Target for groceries and essentials... that Publix is pretty grim. Don't eat at the Marriott restaurant on Atlantic, go across the bridge and stop by the Blue Anchor or visit the Artists' District down on Swindon. I thought there would a lot more to do around Delray, but there really isn't. We ended up spending a lot of time in the room watching TV, trying to find somewhere that was open past 9.

One more thing, the Wi-Fi is horrible at the hotel, so make sure you bring your own internet connection with you or you'll be stuck with SouthShore wireless.

• Stayed June 2010
5 Thank Lady_Lordenwych
new york
Reviewed 24 December 2009

Excellent location, on the water, friendly and helpful staff! We bought more weeks and now have 5 weeks. We wouldn't trade it for anything. The other guests are great and we have made many friends in the 5 years that we have been coming here.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bebopking
Long Island New York
Reviewed 29 September 2009

This vacation was an exchange through interval international. Before booking I do a thorough review of the location we are interested in going to. I read the reviews about Delray South Shore Club and they seemed pretty good, a small place, great location and on the beach just what we like and were looking for, and keep in mind we have never been disappointed with the reviews from tripadvisor before so off we went. Well I guest there is a first time for everything. Pardon me for jumping around, but here we go. The rooms are old and the furnishings in our room, which I believe it was room 304B just opposite the pool, were filthy. We had to use the extra set of sheets that they give you with the pull out couch to cover the couch so we could sit on it to watch TV at night. The bed was very uncomfortable and boy did it make a lot of noise ever time you moved. The room on the main floor had only one window facing the walkway so you get very little light that comes in which makes you feel like your in a motel 6. The 2 plastic chairs and small plastic table outside our front door were really dirty, Need sat out there, they really needed a good power washing. The path that goes through the place was all over grown with bushes and the few flowering plants that they do have. The pool is very small and so is the hot tub. The TV in the bedroom if it matters to you is no larger then a 15", very small, and the TV downstairs I want to say is 20 or 25" TV. Most of the drawers in the kitchen didn't close properly or were off they tracks, again really no big deal just what you to get a true picture of the place. Now the beach. They do not I repeat they do not supply you with an umbrella, we had to go to Publics to buy one, the cost $50. How do they expect anyone to sit on the beach in 90 degree heat without an umbrella. Chairs? no chairs to lay on but if you get them in time they have those folding chairs , the kind you take to little league game to watch you kid play ball with the little cup holder on the side, thats it. The resorts to the left and the right both have plenty of chairs and umbrellas, but you can't use them. Two last things. One afternoon about 3:45 i went to the laundry room to do my wash and the washer was full with towels that had just finished being washed, as i was taking them out and putting them into the dryer the women from the office came in, apparently the women who run the office also do the wash, she started to take the wet towels and put them into a plastic bag because it was time for the office to close, so I told her that I would dry them for her and fold them and leave them her her in the morning. She thanked me but told me that she will dry them in the morning and she proceeded to place the wet towels into a plastic bag. She put two sheets of bounce in with them and she told me that that will keep them from smelling. Wow. Lastly if you don't mind living with all of Gecko's friends, yes the same Gecko from the Geico commercial because they are all over the place then you vacation at The Delray South Beach Club should be ok. On the positive side the a/c was kicking and the water pressure in the shower was great. I guest that since you are reading this you are planning on going on vacation, well have a great time where ever you decide to go.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
7 Thank DavePat1327
Florida
Reviewed 22 April 2009

I love the south shore club we go there every year! I love that it is right off the beach! At night my family and I go sea turtle hunting because around june the turtles lay their eggs and my daughter love to see the sea turtles! When we go there we always have fun!

• Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
0.4 km away
Delray Breakers on the Ocean
Delray Breakers on the Ocean
#11 of 15 in Delray Beach

Been to Delray South Shore Club? Share your experiences!