All reviews bagels old florida continental breakfast is beach chairs laundry room every morning nice pool pool area is unit delray housekeeping grill
Reviewed August 16, 2015 via mobile

Great location (on the beach), but the room was in dire need of a facelift. Carpet and furniture were gross, none of the kitchen cabinets closed, and most of the window shades were broken. The staff was great as was the free coffee, but overall ours was not a good experience. They claim to have wifi but it really doesn't work at all - very frustrating given we were trying to work while visiting.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Vakatnr
Reviewed August 8, 2015

Loved our recent visit to the Delray Breakers on the Ocean. Our family reserved 4 oceanview rooms. We have been going here for many years and you can't beat the location! Every morning the hotel staff put out coffee, bagels and danish and are very accommodating. Fresh pool/beach towels are also in abundance. As each unit is equipped with an ample kitchen, a quick trip t nearby Public for the week allows you to cook your own meals and splurge a few nights at some awesome downtown Delray restaurants. The pool and putt putt golf are a big hit with the grandchildren. Great stay!

Room Tip: Some rooms towards the entrance have parking directly behind them. Makes it easy to carry groceries in. No room is a bad room here though!
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Cathy G
Reviewed August 3, 2015

My little dog and I just returned from our stay here and can't say enough good things.Well, I can't say enough good things, my little dog is mostly mum on such matters;). This hotel is old Florida at its best, it is not state of the art or new in anyway but my little apartment, with full kitchen, living room, bedroom aaaand front little porch was immaculate and comfortable. The grounds are kept very nicely and the beach is steps away. The staff was sweet and accommodating, making me feel like this was my 100th stay here instead of my 1st. I originally booked two nights and enjoyed myself so much, I wound up staying a third. I did not partake in the breakfast so I cannot comment on that, but on the whole, I do not understand the other reviewers complaints. This is not a corporate hotel so of course you aren't going to have some of the same amenities, or brand new this and that. However, to have what is essentially an apartment, that sleeps four (and your dog), steps from the beach for less that $200.00 per night is amazing. If, as other reviewers suggested, they did a "total renovation" the price would probably double and I feel, would lose that Old Florida homey vibe. Also, to address one reviewer that said it wasn't really pet friendly, it simply isn't true. Of course, as in any hotel, your pet is not allowed in the common areas, dining, the pool, etc. I was also asked not to have them on the grass right outside my apartment, and of course that makes sense too, who would want the grass right out your front door smelling like urine? My dog and I walked 30 feet across the street and were able to walk in a beautiful neighborhood with million dollar homes. We will definitely be back next year and hope to make it every year after. Thank-You Delray Breakers! PS- A TIP- For those of you traveling with pets and booking through third party websites, please know that only the ocean view rooms will accommodate pets. The ocean front rooms are reserved for those with allergies and are not pet friendly. I ran into this problem but it was quickly resolved and to be honest, the ocean view rooms are better for those of us with pets because they are on the first floor. You can still see the ocean from your dining table and the rooms are $40.00 cheaper.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank sunnyangel
Reviewed July 6, 2015 via mobile

We have stayed here many times, the rooms are good size and the kitchen is good size, has everything you need as far as appliances. The place definitely needs some TLC and upgrading, lots of crumbling from the ceiling and cabinets that won't close in the kitchen and doors difficult to get in and out of. The wifi has gotten better over the years and the closeness to the beach are awesome and the beach is quiet and very private not to over crowded! The pool is small but nice. "Breakfast" is basically those pastries you buy at gas stations, bagels and juice. The pictures on trip advisor are very outdated and there's no such thing as a "ocean view" room. Unfortunately our last visit was horrible, there were paying guest who invited everybody and there family to come "visit" them and they took over the entire hotel. They were drinking and eating on the pool deck and leaving there trash everywhere, took over the grill area with all there tables, tents and surround sound. Said something to management about it and was told "oh I just did a check" we ended up checking out early because we were confined to our room, we couldn't enjoy any amenities because of the over crowding from not even paid guest. When told this to management, they kept telling me to come back another month when they are not so busy!! Instead of trying to take control of the situation and "crowd control." so decent place but not very good management

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank Amy V
Reviewed July 4, 2015 via mobile

Third visit and last! One family brought all their friends (who were not paying guests) and dominated the pool all outside seating and the grill. Stayed outside screaming way after 10 pm and parked in all the spaces reserved for paying guests. They were rude and obnoxious, floating food and beer cans in the pool. No hotel management intervention. By the time we got to breakfast all the food was gone. The hotel is getting old and falling apart. It's sad a family getaway was completely ruined. Especially enjoyed the guests who were smoking pot at the pool right by my kids.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family