“Good restaurant ”
Review of Osteria Salina

Osteria Salina
Ranked #118 of 452 Restaurants in Delray Beach
Price range: US$30 - US$50
Description: Isola Salina, from which our restaurant is named, is located off the coast of Sicily in the Aeolian Archipelago. Osteria Salina serves Delray Beach with a commitment to quality foods and wines, authenticating this region’s simplistic cuisines and sincere hospitality. We strive to ingratiate each of our guests with the warmth of dining in our home. Our Kitchen sources the finest quality local products and focuses on supporting our farmers and fisherman here, in South Florida. Enjoy our outside rear patio for dining, or a special event, accommodating up to 70 guests, a cigar bar on the outside front porch and a front patio/bar for dining and enjoying our specialty cocktails and extensive wines by the glass menu. Copies of Chef Cinzia's "Sunday Pasta" by Edwin Garubbo are available to assist in your next entertaining event. Buon Appetito!
Reviewed February 22, 2018 via mobile

I frequent Delray Beach and still enjoy the strip and it’s choice of eateries. I was walking and saw Osteria Salina....I was familiar with the building from an excellent Cuban restaurant that existed there years ago. I ordered the Octopus to start. To me, this is a defining dish which is cooked improperly all too often. I’m glad to say that it was perfect at this restaurant! Great texture and nice flavor. Next I had the black pasta with grilled shrimp. Another defining dish....it was not a simple pomodoro sauce on black pasta....it was a true “sepia”. Absolutely delicious. The wine list was extensive and not over priced. My only gripe was that after a pricey dinner, the valet Parker handed me my keys and required $5. How do you charge for parking after an expensive dinner??? Truly in bad taste and detracted from fifth star!

Timothy G, Owner at Osteria Salina, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2018

Thanks for the wonderful accolades, very much appreciated. What confounds me is your lack of understanding regarding parking in Delray's downtown. I have a young college student working in the elements for a mere $5 valet parking fee. Parking elsewhere in Delray exceeds $15 to $20. How you could reduce your rating of the restaurant by a star because of a $5 parking fee is in bad taste. Next time, I will personally park your car in my spot that I gladly give up every night for my guests and park on the street to create additional parking for my guests in our private lot.
Tim

Reviewed February 12, 2018 via mobile

My mom and I dined at Osteria Salina and boy were we impressed! The service was on point and the food was classic Sardinia; just what we were expecting. We enjoyed wine from Etna Rosso which was a perfect pairing with all of our courses. The ambiance was beach chic at its finest, a welcome addition to the dining scene in Delray. I will be back for sure!!

1  Thank Rachel B
Reviewed February 11, 2018

Wonderful unique upscale food, excellent personal service and beautiful atmosphere make this a special place to eat. The chef goes through great details to present a fine dining experience without the felling of anything but casual dining. We enjoyed the wine selection, very comprehensive and complete and felt the staff was not only helpful but friendly too. We truly felt that this was one of the best experiences we ever had and the restaurant is only 8 weeks old. The owners are experienced, hands on operators, which is very unique in this age of investor owned restaurants run by management groups.

1  Thank Jeff B
Reviewed February 4, 2018

After going to four other restaurants only to find out they were closed on Sundays, I was about at the end of my rope. What a wonderful at which to arrive. Parking was ample (unusual for the area), and the restaurant was lit up like a Christmas tree on Super Bowl Sunday just before game time. Discovered this restaurant has only been open for 7 weeks. A Sicilian restaurant, the menu really covers the bases with a wine list even longer than the menu. I was hankering for sea food to opted for Spada alla Piastra (grilled fresh line caught swordfish - caponatina siciliano). The swordfish cooked medium was melt-in-your-mouth. The bed of caponatina siciliano it was served on was delicious to the last bite. My waitress, Cara, was attentive to every detail, but in no way intrusive or overbearing. Both indoor and patio tables are available and there is even bar seating and tucked in a corner, a baby grand piano. Give this restaurant a try and see if you like it as much as I did. Buon Appetito!

Reviewed January 20, 2018 via mobile

When paying big bucks one should get salads that aren’t overdressed, jumbo shrimp that aren’t over cooked and couscous with more flavor. That said, the grilled octopus was tender and delicious and the bucatini with sardines was OK.
Nice drinks at $15 a pop and the homemade cannolis had a great shell but the filling not sweet at all.
Gets pretty loud on the weekend.
Owner comped us with dessert and cava after getting annoyed when we asked to change our table from the one in front of the kitchen door.