“Excellent seafood, atmosphere, and service”
Review of City Oyster

City Oyster
Reserve with OpenTable
City Oyster is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 452 Restaurants in Delray Beach
Price range: US$35 - US$50
Cuisines: Asian, Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 2nd St
Transit: Free shuttle buses
Reviewed February 28, 2018 via mobile

Went as part of a work trip on a Tuesday evening. Firstly, Atlantic Ave in Delray is quite a popular place. I made a Snr day reservation and was limited to 5:30 or 8:30 and took the early option. We were able to get a table outside. There were cocktail and drink menu, a oyster menu, and the dinner menu.

Our server poured us water and said he’d come back for drink orders. It was warm and I wanted something light and was recommended the grapefruit martini. I had two. I tried a couple starters including the rock shrimp and blood orange ceviche and the hamachi crudo. The shrimp was good the crudo was fantastic. For my main I was between the snapper and grouper. I went against the recommendation and went with the grouper. It was a heavier dish with tomato sauce and parmasean risotto. It was very good, I thought the grouper was a little over cooked. In hind sight I’d go with the snapper. The server also recommended the Sancerre which was a nice match for the dish. I had piece of key lime pie to finish the meal.

When we left around 7, every table in the restaurant was full inside and out. The bar was 3 deep with people. Even when we arrived at 5:30 the bar was already full. Not every restaurant has its own valet but we used the option across the street which was $10 for 2 hours and $15 for 3.

Overall an excellent meal and experience.

Reviewed February 27, 2018

Went on a busy holiday weekend. Service was great. Fresh made bread. We ordered oysters, sushi, fish, scallop special, steak, Old fashioneds. Everything was perfect. GO!

Reviewed February 27, 2018

The King and Queen each ordered the snapper as our main dish. It was as good as it gets. Great atmosphere and great service. The only problem we had was with parking. Plan to arrive early to find parking and/or use the valet directly across the street from the restaurant.

Reviewed February 21, 2018

Great start to a great night! Our bartender, Wayne, deftly handled a packed house, remembering all our drinks (party of 8) and our names! He was friendly, professional, and FUN!! Truly a hospitality gem - you won't regret your visit!

Reviewed February 16, 2018 via mobile

My friends from Italy were visiting Delray and wanted fresh seafood. We started with Seafood Tower , blue point oysters and calamari. Then main course ; sea bass, grouper , scallops and linguini with clam sauce. Every dish was fantastic and our server, Stacy was the best. She was fun, fast, professional and helpful.
Great night to remember.