“Excellent Peel & Eat Shrimp”

Boston's on the Beach
Ranked #31 of 455 Restaurants in Delray Beach
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed November 4, 2016 via mobile

Great place across the beach to grab a quick bite to eat. Good atmosphere and the peel and eat shrimp were excellent. A little pricey but very good.

Date of visit: November 2016

Reviewed November 3, 2016

I have been to Boston's before and it was quite good, but this time my experience was Excellent. I was staying nearby to attend a conference and needed a quick lunch to go. I called Boston's to place an order and they were still 15 minutes away from opening for the day. But rather than telling me to call back, they took my order and said it would be the first thing made when the cook was ready to go.

I walked over to the restaurant and a lady was outside getting things ready. I told her I had already placed an order and she cheerfully invited me to go inside. When I went in, several people were also preparing for the day but they again welcomed me and said my order would be ready very soon. I asked if I could order a Bloody Mary while I waited. "But of course!" the owner replied.

Now tell me... everyone has been to a restaurant when it is close to opening or closing time and experienced the "huffing and puffing" of an exasperated employee who has been "imposed" upon. They are barely on the clock and here you are bothering them... Not a pleasant way to start your visit, is it?

Well, that didn't happen here. And I can't tell you how refreshing it is to be treated so nicely when you didn't mean to inconvenience them. I don't know if I would have been that pleasant myself! I hope I would be - but they they actually were!

So I got my lunch - and beat the rush of 400 hungry people streaming out of a conference in search of food - and it was delicious. Great service, Boston's. And thank you!

Reviewed October 27, 2016 via mobile

There is nothing to write home about with this place.

Place runs like a diner, except the menu is way more limited and prices/value are way higher.

Just note, I was there for lunch, and sat on patio/outside. Never saw inside.

Bloody marys were ok, overpriced. Luckily i didnt spend another 10 bucks for all the bull***** on the special one.

Menu is very normal.lunch stuff, which makes it boston like with seafood rolls and chowder.

I got chicken salad wrap. Was not bad, kinda small though. Wife got a burger, medium well. Came out pink, ruined her sandwhich, plate, lunch.

Staff was working like a diner too. She was thorough but was gone from ur table before you even answered her question.

Id skip this place for lunch.

Reviewed October 26, 2016 via mobile

Seafood. Lobster and steak. Ok. I expected more when I read the reviews. My friend had been before and he raved. He had a fish stew which he said was good.

Reviewed October 26, 2016

Enjoyed a Mojito and a Mahi Mahi Sandwich. Could only finish half as the portion was so massive! Perfect view right near the beach and great atmosphere.