“Beautiful escape”

Morikami Museum & Japanese Gardens
More attraction details
Owner description: A Japanese cultural history museum.
Reviewed 21 August 2017

With all the stress and noise in the world we need more places like Morikami. These gardens are a hidden gem in south Florida. I rarely miss an opportunity to go when I'm in the area. The gardens are beautiful with various traditional Japanese features. The restaurant has wonderful sushi, and the whole experience is magical.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,667)
All reviews
in 32 reviews
"an oasis"
in 17 reviews

Reviewed 18 August 2017

The Morikami gardens are varied and magical. After a delicious leisurely lunch at the outdoor cafe - the Bento box contents were delectable and the server cheerful and solicitous - we descended to the lake path. Along the shore, colorful iguanas basked like statues. Each garden represented an age of gardens in Japanese culture. Koi prowled and floated in ponds. Turtles swam beneath bridges. Stonework in perfect and subtle arrangements quietly guarded paths. Pebble gardens were spare and perfectly raked. In the bonsai garden we stood humbly before a magnificent specimen dating back to 1600. While we perused the bonsai, a large and determined iguana preened on a nearby rock, then decided to stroll among us, undeterred by mere humans, to patrol beneath a shelf of bonsai on his way to an appointment. Peace, tranquillity and the gentle sounds of water accompanied us. By the way, the gift shop has the loveliest antique silk kimonos, finely made.

Reviewed 18 August 2017

There are some indoor exhibits but the real beauty is outdoors. There is a path that winds through the beautiful park. There are many places to stop and sit on a bench to rest and it is usually in the shade. A delightful journey! I would recommend good walking shoes and a camera. Enjoy!

Reviewed 16 August 2017

My visit to this beautiful museum and gardens was a great experience. Everything was in full bloom when I visited so the garden was full of life and color. I loved the Florida sun warming the garden paths, and trees and flowers. And I loved the trees having iguana's climbing in them. Some parts were more quiet than other parts so I could clear my head and felt relaxed afterwards. It is a large park so if you're in for a good walk, this is your place. Just go and experience for yourself. It's hard to actually describe the feeling.

See more reviews
Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

I'm a photographer and my clients love going to the Morikami Gardens for portraits. It's absolutely beautiful to walk around. You could easily spend a couple hours there. They have a cute restaurant on site. I've never eaten there but it always seems busy. If you're looking for something peaceful and relaxing to do outside I highly recommend strolling through these gardens. Best do it on a cooler day and make sure to wear comfortable shoes.

1  Thank Flipflopphotogirl