“BEST Almond Croissant EVER!!!! Not to be missed!!”

The French Bakery and Cafe
Ranked #1 of 18 Quick Bites in Delray Beach
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Description: A destination bakery, The French Bakery of Delray Beach, specialized in traditional hand-made French recipes like croissants, breads, baguettes, fruit tarts and cookies. In addition, we offer an extensive line of fresh sandwiches made with breads from our ovens. We work with local artisans like Pascale's Jams and Wells coffee roasters.
Reviewed February 23, 2016

BEST Almond Croissant EVER!!!! Everything was delicious! The butter cookies melt in your mouth and the baguette w/ brie was divine!! You must try!!!

I was on the Delray Culinary Tour Saturday and loved this place! Have already been back!!

1  Thank steelerfaninfl

Reviewed February 20, 2016 via mobile

Where to begin. I approach Loic, the owner, about hosting a dog party with 16 friends on their dog friendly patio in March. My theme was a Provence Picnic. He said it would be fine and would need to discuss it with his business partner. I returned with a friend in January to put in the order for food and beverage and Christian said it was too early and to return 3 weeks prior. 18 days prior, I approached Christain again and asked if he remembered me? He said yes, "dog party." This is where it gets uncomfortable. He asked the # of people, 16 and the # of pets, 12 small dogs. By his voice and facial expression he was surprised and not thrilled, and yet he said "dog party." I asked if I could bring a small table for the thank you gift bags and sunflower center pieces. He didn't want me to theme out the patio and I was only to use the tables provided. I agreed. I was prepared to pay, but he stated he would have to discuss the matter with the two other owners, and would call me Friday about the decision. Really? Two weeks before? Couldn't this have been done back in January, giving me ample time to find another location. I already knew the answer was going to be, ANSOLUTELY NOT! Friday I receive a message that in consideration to his customers, he would have to decline. Although the owners like dogs, the customers may not. Nice lie about liking dogs, and the two weeks notice.

5  Thank elkenwood
Reviewed February 18, 2016 via mobile

Delicious delicious delicious! Loic Autret has the tastiest French pastries I have had in the US! The location seems a little odd, but as soon as you get out of the car, you can smell the pastry goodness! The menu is not gigantic, but there is definitely enough of a variety that it makes it difficult to choose what to get. Everything is freshly baked and looks delicious. Per one of the baker's suggestions, I bought the plain croissant. This croissant was buttery, as it should be, and so moist and airy inside. The chocolate croissant was also buttery and airy, with just enough chocolate inside not to overpower the flavor of the pastry dough. I also got a white chocolate pistachio croissant...and it was out of this world! In addition to that buttery flavor, the croissant was drizzled with white chocolate (again, the perfect amount), sprinkled with crushed pistachio nuts, and sliced horizontally with a pistachio cream filling. All I can say about the flavors: WOW! The cappuccino was pretty average, but you don't come to a place like this for the coffee. If you are looking for a boulangerie here in south Florida, I recommend you try Loic Autret.

1  Thank jamiebethyoms
Reviewed February 17, 2016 via mobile

Stopped for a croissant but ended with a baguette sandwich, espresso and chocolate croissant. It was just as good as what we had in Provence last year. Two more days in Delray and plan on visiting both days.

1  Thank Ericek1
Reviewed February 14, 2016 via mobile

Lived in Paris in the 80's and really miss good original French breads and now I found a bakery where I can get it in FL
Very busy and people buying many loaves at once

1  Thank Tom B