“Would come back in a heartbeat!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Palms of Destin Resort and Conference Center

The Palms of Destin Resort and Conference Center
Ranked #22 of 56 Speciality Lodging in Destin
Georgia
“Would come back in a heartbeat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2011

I can't understand the negative reviews associated with this place. First off, know what you are renting. This is NOT a hotel. These are individually owned condos that you are renting. They are set up with linens, dishes, and cookware, but there will not be daily maid service. No one will be making your bed or taking out your trash. That's your job. If you want maid service stay in a hotel room with 2 double beds!
That being said, this is a fabulous resort. The units are spacious and clean. Our unit, the JR 2 bedroom, had 3 flat screen TVs, 2 full baths, and granite counter tops in the kitchen and bath areas. The grounds are to die for. There are 2 pools, one is heated, the other is a zero entry lagoon pool. There is a kiddie pool area with a splash fountain and mushroom "waterfall". Also a huge hot tub that would seat around 20 people. Our unit overlooked the pool. It was so pleasant to sit on the balcony and look out over the pool area. I felt like I was at a resort on a tropical island. The people at the front desk were very helpful and the beach is only a mile away. I could not have been happier with this choice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a pool view. Some units have a view of the parking lot.
3 Thank Beach-lover-509
Abec, General Manager at The Palms of Destin Resort and Conference Center, responded to this review, 15 August 2011
Thank you ever so kindly for promoting our resort so well and mentioning all of the amenities that we offer. However, what is most important to us is that your time here was memorable and pleasant! We strive to do the best job we can and comments like yours make it all worthwhile.

I hope that we can continue to exceed all of your vacationing needs in the future. Please find us on Facebook and post some of your favorite vacation photos.

Thanks again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Mobile, Alabama
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2011

My friends and I recently stayed at The Palms for my best friend's bachelorette party. Let me start off by saying that the people at the front desk were some of the rudest people I have ever met in my life. Hotels.com did not schedule our reservation correctly and they made us (10 girls) change rooms 2 days into our stay and said "it was not their problem" Upon checkout, the said they did not have a cart and they would give us an extra hour to leave so we can haul all of our stuff to our vehicles. This is was the worst customer service that I have ever had. The ladies in the front were snobby and have no customer service skills whatsoever. Please do not waste your $300/night on a place like this. It is truly evident that the workers could care less about their guests!!! We will NEVER stay there again and I intend to tell everyone I can about this experience.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank JanieDill
Abec, General Manager at The Palms of Destin Resort and Conference Center, responded to this review, 4 August 2011
Please let me begin by apologizing for any and all mishaps that occurred during your stay at The Palms of Destin. We strive to excel in our customer service and guest satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us. I find it unfortunate that we were unable to remedy the situation to your liking despite our attempts and regardless of the uncontrollable circumstances with the outside booking company.

I would, however, like to offer the newlyweds something complimentary that I hope will extend their honeymoon bliss. Please have the bride contact me directly so I may fully disclose the details.

I apologize again for the problems, and thank you for taking the time to let me know about it. Without your guest feedback we cannot continue to improve our services.
Olive Branch
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2011

There were 8 of us this trip, had a Great time at the Palms, the service was great except for a young man and young lady at the front desk on the night shift. They acted like they didn't want to help me. I was standing at the front desk for a few mins. bobody else there and the young lady was to busy talking to a co-worker and didn't want to help me. But I didn't let that ruin my trip.
I'm planning on coming back July 14th 2012 to get Married, I hope The Palms will be able to give me a good price on a Wedding package. Overall the Palms is a Great Place.

Room Tip: 3rd time coming back to the Palms
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking time to give us feedback on your recent stay with us at The Palms of Destin. I understand that you are currently making wedding plans for 2012. That is so exciting! Congratulations! The Palms of Destin has hosted many destination weddings. I hope you will consider allowing us to be a part of this very special time in your life. Currently, we are offering a special gift for those who book their wedding with us by December 31, 2011. Please feel free to inquire about what we can offer you by calling our Catering Department. Again, I thank you for your feedback and we wish you all the best.
Atlanta, Ga
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2011

This was a last minute reservation and I ended up loving this property. The staff was helpful. The grounds were beautiful. Our room was the Jr One Bedroom and it was just the right size for my family of 5 which includes 20 year old, 16 year old and and a 2 year old. There were 2 bathrooms which was very nice. The hotel is across from the beach but only a short ride in your car or the hotel shuttle will take. Close to the docks where fishing boats go out, so my husbnad was very happy. The pool was perfect for the entire family and very large so the people were spead out and it was enjoyable. Kids pool area, the baby loved it.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Abec, General Manager at The Palms of Destin Resort and Conference Center, responded to this review, 26 July 2011
Thank you for recently staying with us at the Palms of Destin Resort & Conference Center.

We value each guest, as we know that you have a choice when deciding where to stay while here in Destin on business or pleasure. We strive to exceed our guest expectations by providing the right room, the right technology and the right service to make every stay relaxing, invigorating, stimulating and filled with positive interactions.

Thank you again for your feedback, we truly appreciate knowing about our guest’s experiences so we can celebrate our successes and address our challenges to better serve you in the future. We look forward to your return when you are in the area again.

Meadville, MS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2011

We traveled with our boys, 22, 15 & 13. The condo provided everything we needed. The view was great... the pool was never crowded... The beach shuttle was a big plus! No sand in my car!!! We stayed 3 nights and could have stayed longer... Everything is close by yet it wasn't over crowded and we didn't feel like tourist...

• Stayed July 2011
      Location
      Rooms

Forney, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2011

This hotel was amazing! It definitely exceded my expectations. Very clean and spacious rooms, awesome pool, friendly stafff, pool bar, close to beach and restaurants. Im super picky and was worried about not being right on the beach, and im so happy I took a chance. Kids and adults all loved this hotel! You can walk across the street to the Back Porch Restaurant and Buba Gumps. The only thing that they could improve is the restaurant. Not family friendly. Poolside bar service would be great!!

Room Tip: We had a great view of the pool!
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank dustyness
Abec, General Manager at The Palms of Destin Resort and Conference Center, responded to this review, 18 July 2011
Thank you for recently staying with us at the Silver Shells Beach Resort and Spa.

New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2011

My family and I vacationed at "The Palms" Memorial day weekend. We had a great time there, our rooms were immaculate and the staff was very friendly. The balcony to our condo overlooked the pools. It's a great location for restaurants and there was a Walmart about 5 minutes away. It came with a fully equipped kitchen, washer and
dryer. They provided a shuttle to and from the beach as well as beach chairs if you didn't have any. Our stay there was totally awesome. We would recommend this resort to family and friends.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Keebler52
Abec, Manager at The Palms of Destin Resort and Conference Center, responded to this review, 3 June 2011
Thank you for recently staying with us at the Palms of Destin Resort and Conference Center.

We value each guest, as we know that you have a choice when deciding where to stay while here in Destin on business or pleasure. We strive to exceed our guests' expectations by providing the right room, the right technology and the right service to make every stay relaxing, invigorating, stimulating and filled with positive interactions.

Thank you again for your feedback, we truly appreciate knowing about our guests' experiences so we can celebrate our successes and address our challenges to better serve you in the future. We look forward to your return when you are in the area again.