“A Good Time--”

Hammerheads Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Hammerheads Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #112 of 314 Restaurants in Destin
Good for: View
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating
Description: At Hammerheads Bar & Grille in Destin, Florida, you can enjoy fried and steamed seafood, burgers, live music, and more, all in a beautiful dockside setting! Conveniently located in the Sandestin resort, bring the whole family for great food, amazing music, and loads of fun!
Reviewed 13 July 2010

I don't understand all the negativity of Hammerhead's. I found the staff very friendly and personable and the food excellent, considering the restaurant is in a resort. One would spend twice as much at Disneyworld, but no one seems to care about paying high prices there. The band was great and my wife and I had a wonderful dancing into the night. The burgers are big and worth every penny.

Reviewed 19 June 2010

We ordered the "house smoked yellowfin tuna" for an appetizer, which turned out to be un-smoked canned tuna salad with some slaw. My concern was the steamed seafood bucket. I have had a similar entree at many other restaurants, including restaurants in the Destin area. The hammerheads version arrived with a Lobster that was steamed after it was dead, empty mussell shells, and un-cleaned and deveined shrimp. I am a former chef with a significant amount of experience in fresh seafood preparation. The quality of sanitary control at Hammerheads is egregious in my opinion. There are many dangers in consuming Lobster that has been cooked after it has been dead.The liver and internal organs create a toxicity in the meat that can cause many illnesses. The size of the shrimp also require cleaning (de-veining). I would not recommend eating here as the sanitary conditions in the kitchen are suspect as well as the staff in charge of food prepearation. The manager refunded us $19.00 on a $159.00 dollar tab. This was insulting, even after I explained all my concerns with her. This establishment relies heavily on its atmosphere and locations, and completely disregards food quality while charging exorbitant prices. We will never eat there again.

1  Thank pntrimarche
Reviewed 27 April 2010

Horrible!!!!!! The place has a great view & live music that brings the customers in. Canned tuna with mayo on top of coleslaw is their tuna dip. I ordered my son a cheeseburger & the bun was stale & hard as a rock. I metioned it to our waiter and he just said "huh". Everything was awful & cost us $70 for a kid's burger, chicken sandwich, hotdog, cup of soup & side salad. I feel sick from eating there. Ugh....

Reviewed 24 April 2010

My husband and I were given a $50.00 gift certificate to Hammerhead's. We live in Destin and know Baytowne Wharf. We enjoyed the outdoor setting with the live band Our waitress was new (first night), but very helpful and courteous. However the food was a MAJOR disappointment.. And the prices were VERY HIGH. $59.00 for a steamed seafood bucket( no lobster included) for one person is outrageous (go to Buster's instead). . My husband settled on the 10 oz. prime rib with a 1 lb. lobster dinner for $37.00. This was served with a small side of new potatoes but did not even include a house salad nor bread. The steak was grilled, cut VERY thin and "average"; the lobster was cooked right, included butter but was served cold.. I ordered the cheeseburger for $12 and wish I hadn't. The bun had grill marks but was cold and the single slice of cheese was cold and not melted on the burger. I returned the burger with instructions to please reheat so the cheese was melted, but it was re-served unmelted and only lukewarm. Hammerhead's was a no-return pricey tourist trap for we locals. I might add that it is owned by Poppy's Seafood Factory right across the boardwalk and they have VERY similar menus and high prices too. Our total was $70.00 minus tip but including 1 glass of wine and 2 beers.. Wish we had just had drinks and an appetizer and enjoyed the setting.

Reviewed 15 April 2010

Six of us went for drinks and dinner and boy, things have changed since we were there 6 months ago. We all ordered either steamed shrimp or steamed crablegs. The shrimp basket was decent with potatoes and corn, and so were the crablegs, however both were greatly overpriced. We got the same type meals at a much better price at two other Destin restaurants during the week. We ordered water and the waiter brought us bottled (we asked for tap water in a cup). We ordered a regular margarita, but the waiter brought us a 32 oz. that was not only way too much to drink and overpriced, but obviously was lacking in alcohol. After the bill came, we concluded the waiter took it upon himself to "supersize" our drinks and bring us bottled water in order to up the total price of our meals...his tip was already included!! It even took him 3 tries and our conversation with the manager for him to split the check into 2 bills and get it correct. The only real plus to Hammerheads was the setting on the water, watching the sunset, and the good local band that played. They were entertaining. We frequent Destin several times a year, but this is the last time we plan to eat here.

1  Thank ChattanoogaMcmom