“Just what I was looking for” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sundestin Beach Resort

Sundestin Beach Resort
Livingston, Texas
“Just what I was looking for”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2012

This resort was just what I wanted. It is located right on the beach and our room had a balcony that overlooked the water. We stayed in room 804 which is a one bedroom with a kingsize bed. There is a sleeper sofa in the livingroom which we did not us. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. Be sure your bring your own coffee filters as they are not provided. This is an awesome resort and close to lots of shopping and restaurants. If you want a umbrella and chairs to sit on while at the beach that will cost you extra. They are not complimentary. We have really enjoyed our stay and wish we could stay longer.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank prinehart

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Helena, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

This condominium complex has it all... The rooms are spacious enough- not huge, but comfortable. We stayed on a corner unit with partial view of the gulf. I was pleasantly surprised that the view was actually good! big balcony that had entry doors from living area AND bedroom! Kitchen was well stocked. No complaints. There is a gameroom in the lobby as well as a nice little restuarant. Good, reasonably priced breakfast, lunch and dinner. It is called Endless Summer Grill. There is an outdoor pool as well as an indoor pool. Two hot tubs- one outside and one in the fitness area.

The location is easy to access ALL of Destin... Give it a try! Great value!

Room Tip: Partial view rooms are less expensive, you can still see the beautiful Gulf! Save your money and tr...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank goin
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

Sundestin was a surprisingly nice beachfront resort in Destin in comparison to other more costly beachfront hotels in that area. I was happy with the room overall, however I was upset because I booked what I thought was a gulf front room view from both the living and bedroom but received a shotgun type room with the bedroom on the frontside facing the street with a small window. I was told by the front desk that all their rooms were like that, which was indeed a bit dishonest. Be prepared to pay a room cleaning fee at check-in based on the size of your room. The beach chair service closes promptly at 6pm and it is not complimentary there is a charge. The walls were a bit thin because we apparently had a family of kids above us and we could hear them running and stomping all night. Also the AC was so loud, it was best to sleep with the balcony open and get the natural AC from the ocean breeze. Overall it is a comfortable place to stay in Destin and beautiful views.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MsCovington
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

We are a family of 3 and were there for spring break...great location right on the beach, great view from the balcony, condo was clean...family friendly place...

Room Tip: We stayed on the 6th floor...great view...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank rasin11025
Saint Joseph, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

I dont know who to write this review about. I booked a room through orbitz for this location. Orbiz did not book the room correctly. When I called them to change the reservation to what I had asked for in the first place I was told I would have to pay a $200 cx fee even though they booked it incorrectly. They said it was the hotel charging this. After 2 hours of speaking to many people(who did not speak good english) a new room was booked and they said I would receive a full refund. When I received the email confirmation I was charged $200 cx fee even though I rebooked in a different room. Now once again I am sitting on hold being told there is no way to speak to the agent who finally took care of the problem(so I thought). Horrible customer service!!!! Be aware before booking with them. So now I am spending twice as much as I should to book a room at this location. I sure hope it is a nice place!!!

Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank bulli5
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

We booked a condo at this resort through homeaway.com in September and got a great rate of $500 for 4 nights. This resort is RIGHT on the beach and we had stunning views from our private balcony. The indoor and outdoor pools were also really nice and we definitely will be staying again in the near future.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank camillenesler
Memphis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2011

This was not the first time that I stayed @ Sundestin, but OMG, this is a wonderful place. My sister and I went there for the weekend arriving Thursday and leaving on Sunday. We stayed in room 409 which has a gulfview and it was great. It was immaculately clean. The weather was great and I was on the beach everyday. The staff is wonderful and they are there 24 hours. I liked the fact that I could request a condo for the same day that I was calling. I decided @ 5am Thursday morning that I wanted to go to Destin for the weekend and the room I saw online was available. I was even able to get a discount. All I had to do was ask for it. I love the fact that you can walk basically anywhere in Destin that you need to go. Since the condos have full kitchens, there is no need to leave the condo. The beach is your backyard and you can bring your own food and supplies. It's great!!!!! I totally recommend Sundestin and will return.

Room Tip: Go online to the ResortQuest website, choose Sundestin and look at the rooms available. Most have p...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family