“Excellent outdoor patio dining! Just wonderful!”

AJ's Seafood & Oyster Bar
Ranked #101 of 399 Restaurants in Destin
Price range: US$12 - US$32
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: View
Description: To read about AJ’s is one thing... to experience it is another. Come see why AJ's Seafood & Oyster Bar has been the place to be on the Emerald Coast for nearly 30 years! Join us today! Doors open at 11:00 am! See you soon!
Reviewed April 4, 2018

This was my first time I ate at an outdoor restaurant. Food was excellent! The chicken tenders with honey-mustard sauce was savory. Even the fries were delicious.

The gift shop was great. Very good merchandise. Would highly recommend.

Destin4050, Social Media Relations at AJ's Seafood & Oyster Bar, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2018

Thank you for your recent 5 star review! I am so happy to hear that you had a great first time at an outdoor restaurant. I hope you enjoyed the beautiful view of the Destin Harbor. We hope to see you again soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,285)

Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

Perfect place to eat to watch the boat parade. Perfect place to eat before taking the Seaquest boat on a dolphin cruise. Great friendly people. Good food. Our family loves coming here. Walk the harbor. This is the perfect place to be “there” in Destin. Always fun and the prices are good.

Thank you for your recent 5 star review! Happy to hear that you enjoy coming to Ajs for our food, service, and fun atmosphere. We hope to see you and your family soon!

Reviewed April 1, 2018

Ate here on a Friday afternoon around 6. Seated right away. However, that was misleading. Took over an hour to get our food which was nothing special. just OK - EXTREMELY overpriced. We will not be back.

I am sorry to hear that service was a bit slow. Our kitchen can get backed up quickly on a busy night, but we do our best to get food out quickly and efficiently. I am also sorry to hear that your meals were less than pleasing. I hope you'll consider giving us a second chance so we can show you what we are really made of!

Reviewed March 31, 2018 via mobile

Would give zero stars, if I could. We ate there on Thursday night and we're seated immediately (the lone positive). Party of 7, three of us ordered the seafood gumbo as it said it was "award winning" on the menu; our cups came out lukewarm and smelled extremely fishy (like a dirty aquarium). None of us ate the gumbo. My daughter had fried mahi for $23 and it came out looking like frozen fish sticks from Gorton's. My wife ordered stuffed shrimp and sent the first plate back as the veggies were not cooked and the shrimp was cold. The second set of shrimp smelled rotten so she didn't eat that either (she did enjoy the baked potato, for what that's worth). $26 for an entree but the waitress did remove that from the bill so another plus. Our party also ordered a chicken Caesar salad but came out with shrimp. I ordered the New Orleans pasta (the most popular menu item) and it was so-so at best.

All in all, our worst dining experience of the week in Destin. Parking is also difficult and don't try to park next door at Tailfin's as they will town your vehicle (no one ever seems to go here in order for parking to be an issue for Tailfin's, but I digress).

Hi Corky,

I am so sorry to hear that your last experience at Ajs was less than pleasing. Did you happen to let your server know that you were displeased with your meal? Mistakes can obviously happen, but we do our best to justify these issues swiftly when we are made aware of them. We also have parking right across the street since we know our parking can get busy quick, for future reference. I am sorry that this was your worst dining experience in Destin, I know we can do much better and I hope you'll consider giving us a second chance in the future.

Reviewed March 31, 2018 via mobile

Their drink specials are good. The oysters are great and the the peel and eat shrimp as well the bartender was also our server and made us feel like family!!! Live music at night too! Can’t go wrong!

Destin4050, Social Media Relations at AJ's Seafood & Oyster Bar, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2018

Thank you for your 5 star review! I am glad you enjoyed the oysters, they are one of my favorites on the menu. I am so happy to hear that our staff was wonderful and you had a great time visiting with us. We can't wait to see you again!