“Once Again...” 5 of 5 bubbles

Emerald Grande at HarborWalk Village
Fort Walton Beach
“Once Again...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

The EG at Destin Harbor has done a phenominal job taking care of not only us - but seemingly everyone! Victoria and her staff will see us again! Even if they're only down the road a fwe miles!

1 Thank ammolance
Victoria W, Manager at Emerald Grande at HarborWalk Village, responded to this review, 29 March 2012
ammolance,

It is truly our pleasure to take care of you and your family during your visit. We look forward to your next visit!

Best regards,
Victoria Wyatt

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
  • Korean first
Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

I stayed here with my wife's family in March 2012. We made the trip to Destin from AR to get married on the beach. This place was really nice. Great view of the Harborwalk and close to everything. Really nice modern rooms, bathrooms, walk in showers, huge balcony overlooking the harbor. Would definitely stay here again. Really cool place.

3 Thank CJ B
Victoria W, Manager at Emerald Grande at HarborWalk Village, responded to this review, 26 March 2012
Dear CJ B,

Thank you for reviewing our property. Congrats to you and your new bride! I'm glad we were able to be a part of such a special event for you and your family. We look forward to your next visit!

850.424.0631
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2012

We stayed here for Spring Break with a family of 6 in a 3br/3ba condo. We were in room 427 and the views were gorgeous. A little noisy at times because we were partially facing the bridge/hwy 98 and you can hear the cars passing by but it really wasn't that bad. The room was clean and had more than what we needed in it. Housekeeping was there everyday, cleaned dishes and put them back in the cabinets, made all the beds, took away used towels and re-stocked all the bathrooms with new ones. There were free movies to "rent" from the kiosk which was right on our floor. The entire staff was friendly and helpful and I have no complaints. I read few reviews about the horrible service so I was somewhat expecting it but never once encountered anyone rude the whole week I was there. The location is fantastic and we loved hanging out on the Harborwalk. Great food, nice shops, great atmosphere.

Unfortunately, there are people in this world that just seem to have a negative experience no matter where they go or what they do. If you're one of those people, then I guess you won't like this resort. If you're like the rest of us that are looking for a beautiful, clean place to stay with everything close by and really want to have a great time, the Emerald Grande is the place for you.

We will certainly be back!

• Stayed March 2012
7 Thank Robsos
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2012

Stayed here for spring break with my family of five in a 3 bedroom/3 bath condo booked through book it. The establishment is in a good location close to all the water activities on the harborwalk, although at night it can be loud due to the pub across the street playing live music. Our first night was a bit rocky, I was awakened at 2am by loud college students next door. I had to call guest services five times in order to quiet them and didn't get back to sleep until after 4 am. The rest of our stay was pretty uneventful. The condo has everything you need kitchen, washer/dryer, etc. Overall, our stay was good.

• Stayed March 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

Overall, TERRIBLE service and INCONVENIENT location. Yes, they have a private beach, but it is disgusting and in the gross brown harbor water. I guess this place is ideal if you want to do a lot of boat activities because you need to drive to get to any desirable beach water. If you like to go to the gym AT ALL on vacation, THIS IS THE WORST GYM I HAVE EVER USED. The equipment is seemingly gym equipment from the 90s or very cheap home gym equipment. I almost fell and broke my neck trying to run on the treadmill as the belt was very slippery. The housekeeping = non existent. The room service was decent, not many healthy options though. And the hours were ridiculous. Weekdays they close around 7pm. We rented a 4br 4ba condo for 5 nights, so we expected great service. Unfortunately, we did not get that. The toilet in my room broke every time i flushed it, I had to just keep fixing it myself as the staff never came. We put the trash bags in the hall thinking the housekeeping would come and pick it up, because they never once came to our room. The bag sat in the hall for two days, I watched hotel staff walk past and look at it many times. It finally disappeared on our last day there. The harbor walk village left a lot to be desired. It is overpriced restaurants serving the same fried fish and shrimp dishes, outside seating, and Destin souvenir shops. A lot of the places close around 7-8pm. There is not a lot to do at this resort at night time. In order to get to any of the more lively spots in Destin, Miramar, or Ft Walton you need to drive at least 10-15 minutes. The worst part is that unlike at most resorts where you can pay your final bill in cash, they charged everything to our card hours before checkout in the morning without even sending us a final copy to review for errors. Stay at Sandestin, it may be older but at least there is a clean beach and activities near by.

Room Tip: Go to Sandestin instead.
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank frhou
Victoria W, Manager at Emerald Grande at HarborWalk Village, responded to this review, 16 March 2012
Rachel f,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. I'm not pleased, however, to hear some of the issues you experienced during your stay. Unfortunately, it sounds like you visited during our slower season when many of the stores still have limited hours. Our season typically does not truly kick off until the first week of March. We do, however, keep up with our activities throughout the year even when it is a slower time of year, as our locals and regulars all know.

As for the issues with the billing, we do collect payment upon arrival and it should have been made known to you then. I apologize if there may have been any miscommunication or inconvenience. Therefore, if you would like to discuss some of the issues you had including the maintenance and housekeeping ones, please feel free to call me directly at (850) 424-0631 or email me at vwyatt@legendaryinc.com. I will look forward to speaking with you.

Hendersonville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

I really like this place,,once you check in and park you car...You are there, sun, ocean, beach, spa, food, shopping..you don't have to go any where else - Harbor Walk Village and Emerald Grande has it all.

Room Tip: Get a room over looking the pool,, you can see the harbor and ocean...what all the fishing fleet go...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
SeaRay48,

Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to take advantage of many the amenities we are surrounded with. During the summer months we have a weekly firework display that I think you and your family will enjoy. We look forward to seeing you next time!

Destin, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

I had a massage, a facial and a pedacure at the Spa at the Emerald Grande. Everyone was fantastic and professional. The thing that impressed me the most was all the smiles of the employees. It made me feel like they enjoyed their jobs and it showed in their services. I would come back to this spa even if I wasn't staying at Emerald Grande.

Stayed March 2012, travelled with family