“Good value and Good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Days Inn Destin

Days Inn Destin
Ranked #38 of 39 Hotels in Destin
Northeast Florida
“Good value and Good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2011

I actually thought that I was not really going to like this Hotel because of the low rate I was quoted over the phone. The location was good for me because it was very close to my business destination. I found the guest service agent(Victoria)to be quite welcoming and gave me a free upgrade when I showed my Wyndam Rewards Card. My room was situated in a quiet area; the free wireless internet was fast and I slept soundly. The morning breakfast was convenient and when I heard "hello" I turned to acknowledge the Front Desk only to realize the Parrot in the Lobby was speaking to me.
Upon check out, the General Manager, Nash Patel was easy to converse with and I would most definately stay again when my business plans call for it.

Room Tip: Rooms on the North side are quiet. The suite we stayed in was located on the ground floor.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank Rowenajm
DaysInn32541, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Destin, responded to this review, 12 October 2011
Thank you for choosing Days Inn and we look forward to serving you in the future.:)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Lake Butler
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2011

We have stayed here twice. Service is great. Rooms are nice, with micro, refridge, iron, ironing board, coffee maker. Will be returning.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Overland Park, Kansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2011

AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!!! This place is poorly managed and extremely run-down and filthy. I wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy! We needed a room just to crash in before heading back home so this was the cheapest in the area @$150 per night (discounted just for us)?!? This place smelled like smoked dead fish. They tried to cover the smell by using a room freshener...needless to say we needed a gas mask to overcome the horrible smell! The linens were clean, however, the comforters looked like they hadn't been laundered for a month or two...could almost see what the previous parties had for breakfast, lunch, dinner, etc. :( We slept with the lights and TV on all night long to repell the critters we thought might be lurking. Long story short...my daughter left her cell phone in her bed there and one of their employees found it (said she found it "on the beach"), used it for her personal business for several days, never turned it in to the front desk...After a little research, we FINALLY got to the bottom of their lies...management got the phone back from her, never fired her butt, said they would send us the phone & to this day...HAVE NOT RECEIVED THE STOLEN CELL PHONE FROM THEM!!! Bottom line.....Save yourself a nightmare...Pay the extra $30 to stay somewhere else!!!

Room Tip: Not Recommended!!! Keep Looking!!!
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank B E

Travellers are raving about these Destin hotels

Florence, Alabama
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2011

The breakfast and location was the ONLY thing good about this place. It was located across the street from the beach. Walking distance. And the free breakfast was decent. It was the last motel on the beach, and I made the mistake of telling the girl that. Right at $200 a night!! Yes, made the mistake of not booking a motel. We first walked in the room, Wet floor right at the door from the air cond. unit, room was small, and didn't even smell of a cleaning agent or even of air freshner. We put our clothes on the bed and left. Killed a cockroach. Floor was not vaccumed, and the pot liner from the previous guest was still in the coffee pot. There is no one there to keep the people calm. 4a.m. and people was still partying LOUD.. Got up and opened the microwave and found crumbs from the previous guest. Found a cigar beside the TV. Recliner in the room was icky sticky. OVERALL, if your looking for a $59.99 room this is all you. I felt like I was getting hoo dooed because it was the last room on the strip and if I hadn't of just drove 7 hours, we would of went home.

Room Tip: The Days Inn of Destin, Only if its the last one left...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
DaysInn32541, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Destin, responded to this review, 10 August 2011
We would like to take this opportunity to apologize for your unpleasant experience as a guest of the Days inn Destin. We appreciate the time that you took to bring this matter to our attention. We assure you that the matter will be looked into. For your inconvenience, we are offering 25% off your next visit to our Days inn.
Once again we apologize for any inconvenience we may caused you. Please feel welcome at our hotel in your futere travels.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2011

I've been staying here for a week now and have had an amazing time. The staff here are super nice and respectful. The manager went out of his way for try and get extra things for us that we forgot.
I highly recommend coming here for anyone to stay.

• Stayed June 2011
DaysInn32541, Manager at Days Inn Destin, responded to this review, 10 August 2011
We`ll make sure that we will provide you with our very best on your return visit.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2011

I've been all over the world and have never a more friendly and caring staff. The manager helped us with everything we needed and gav us great advice on the surrounding area. I'll definitely come back to the Days Inn when I come back in town.

• Stayed June 2011
Thank you for choosing Days inn and we look forward to having you as our guest in the future.:)
florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2011

Not on beach, but good location. Close to beach, restaurants and other shopping.
Over priced, even for holiday weekend.
Room was neat, but bathroom floor not clean. Pool was clean, but area very small.
The breakfast was good. The employees were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family