“best wings”

Cuisines: American, Caribbean
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed April 16, 2015

This place has the best Jamaican dry rub wings! They do not offer a very large variety but the wings are the best. The rub is top notch. They have a large selection of beer and great live music.

Reviewed January 6, 2015

We went the first week it was open and it was not good. the server kept checking our beers by putting her had over the top of the bottle and shaking it. YOu know where that had has been? I ordered the shrimp po boy at the recommendation of the server. It was not what you would expect anywhere. a four to five inch dinner roll broken open with 6 small shrimp with a dab of tomato on the side. Te romalade was not. that was like 11 bucks if I remember correctly. We spoke t the new owner upon leaving and he mad a lot of excuses. I do not think he has ever owned a restaurant before. We will not be going back. Oh the bathrooms still look like nasty. the whole place is filthy. Word to future owners do not open until you can be proud of what you have First impressions are hard to erase.

Reviewed December 17, 2014

He finally sold this restaurant/bar/music venue so now maybe someone will clean and paint the place. Reopened Monday Dec 8 as the Salty Dawg...will have full bar soon and continue to offer live music. Limited and pricey menu so far.They have some new help which can only be an improvement. Give them a chance, check it out.. owners are open to your ideas.

2  Thank Donna H
Reviewed September 30, 2014

I could go on and on and on about their dry rub wings. I think I've tried other things but all I remember are the wings! I love their blue cheese to dip them in. It's super chunky and mellow in flavor. The hand cut fries are a hit or miss. Sometimes they look and taste raw, sometimes they are over cooked and hard. When they are cooked just right they are super yummy but it's hard to spend the money to take that chance. I'm surprised to see all the bad service reviews. I haven't dined in recently (I order the wings to-go a lot!) but I've always had very friendly servers. Now, service can be a little slow, and there seems to be only one or two people on at a time but usually we are there to just chill anyways. We have attempted to eat there or get a couple drinks after 8 recently but apparently they close early during off season. I wish they would focus on keeping customers on and have more entertainment, drink specials, or even late night apps to stay open. Try it once for the food. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed August 31, 2014

Every time I have gone to Jolli Mons the service has been awesome along with the food. I went today and th first the waitress was awesome. Then I got Amanda who is the waitress from hell. She has no idea about customer service. I had to go into the bar to order my second round which she got wrong. Then 20 minutes later my husband went inside to find out what happened to the order he was told "It's still cooking" at that point we asked for a manager. We were told none was present. At which time we asked for the check without the food. DO NOT LET THIS WAITRESS SERVE YOU. I am now questionable about returning, what a shame because it was one my favorite restaurants in Dunedin.