“Great Market and Awesome Thai Food”

International Food Mart
Ranked #88 of 183 Restaurants in Dunedin
Reviewed April 18, 2018

My son originally found SJ's as a great place to buy dried peppers and other unusual ingredients for our off-the-wall recipes. The market part offers a dizzying array of products from around the world. I'd bet that, if you need something strange for a recipe, you'll probably find it here.

We later happened upon the Thai food offerings and were stunned at the quality and taste. We stood at the counter and watched the chef grind fresh ingredients per order and produce some of the best Thai cuisine we've ever enjoyed. Since our first visit, they have continued to expand and build an impressive menu to rival any standalone restaurant in the area. Definitely stop by if you have the time.

We only have pics of items in the market now, but we'll take more food photos next time.

Reviewed January 12, 2018 via mobile

Little market with kitchen in the back. Excellent food and boba tea. Everything is made fresh and you can watch it being made.

Reviewed November 9, 2017

My wife stopped here to pick up some food for our dinner on a Tuesday night. Since we live only two blocks away, the food was very hot when she brought it home.

We started with the pot stickers which were very good.

My wife got the Panang curry and I had the ginger chicken for our meals. My wife really liked the Panang curry. I thought the ginger chicken was overly strong. I enjoy ginger, but the ginger was so strong that it overwhelmed the entire dish. We appreciated the fact that you could get Jasmine rice with these meals since we really enjoy it.

I imagine we will do this again and I will look for something else on the menu to try.

Reviewed October 31, 2016

The owners have changed. The prepared food was still good and the selection in the market is as good if not better than before. I did wait quite a while after ordering our meal to go, but the food was fresh and worth the wait. There were four to five tables that were pulled together and reserved at lunchtime. The service wasn't quite as friendly as I had previously experienced.

Reviewed April 25, 2016

you can shop for your eastern and middle eastern staples and also catch a quick bite of middle eastern favorites. Owner is most pleasant and helpful. do get some dromedery dates