“Wonderful and Romantic Birthday Dinner”

The Black Pearl Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 182 Restaurants in Dunedin
Price range: US$25 - US$75
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: At the Black Pearl Restaurant, creating a one of a kind dining experience is our goal, every dish from the warm ciabatta bread to the homemade vanilla bean ice cream is made in house, and to order especially for you. We believe life is too short to eat bad food.
Reviewed November 25, 2016

We were seeking a special restaurant to celebrate a milestone birthday and decided on the Black Pearl. It had been many years since we dined at this most intimate restaurant and we were glad we returned for this special romantic dinner. Truly an intimate setting we were so pleased with our waiter who was very conscientious. Our Wild Mushroom Tart with roasted oyster and porcini mushrooms appetizer was very tasty as was the salad. The entrees of Chilean Sea Bass Lyonnaise a shoestring wrapped filet, with a creamy polenta was succulent. My husband was seeking a hearty dish and he was extremely pleased with the Beef Tenderloin & Blue Crab Étouffée which had ham hock collards, braised pork, tasso, andouille sausage, cast iron corn bread. It definitely fit his need for a heart serving. Sharing a bottle of wine we thoroughly enjoyed the romantic, quiet setting of The Black Pearl. It was definitely a wonderful birthday celebration.

Reviewed November 14, 2016 via mobile

Expensive restaurant with overpriced and NOT unique menu. Service was mediocre, and we were not impressed with the choices available. Worst part was when a "palmetto bug" crawled down the wall next to our table. We understand this is Florida, but really??? And management was unwilling to make any accommodations....... Have not gone back....and do not plan to. WAY too many good restaurants around here to waste money here.

4  Thank H5894CIjohnb
Reviewed November 13, 2016

I could write for pages in excruciating detail about the perfection that was our 20th Anniversary dinner at Black Pearl on Nov 12th, but that would steal your joy from experiencing perfection on your own. I read every review and was convinced this is the restaurant I was looking for - and my expectations were only exceeded.

We were in the expert care of head waiter/general manager Ron. We ordered "candy meat," lobster risotto and duck. After each dish, my discerning wife literally said "that was the best dish I ever had!"

With that, you should have enough to be convinced this restaurant is worth every 5-star review it receives.

Thanks Ron for a wonderful and memorable anniversary dinner!!

Reviewed November 9, 2016

My husband and I really enjoy going to The Black Pearl Restaurant in Dunedin. It's very small and intimate, and reservations are required, but it is absolutely worth it. It has upscale dining with a fantastic wine list and the food is amazing and very well prepared and presented. The chefs there are amazing and we have tried almost everything on the menu and we have enjoyed it all immensely. The wait staff are so friendly and attentive. They always make us feel like Royalty. I would highly recommend dining there at least one time. We will be going back there on our visit to Dunedin during Thanksgiving. Bon Appetit!

Reviewed November 1, 2016

The restaurant came very highly recommended to us when we recently visited Dunedin, Florida.
We visited on occasion of our daughters birthday.
Wine & Beer drinks only.
The appetizers and warm salad dressing where excellent, I was disappointed in the Rack of Lamb main dish, fatty and not well cooked.
Black ice cream was not worth the effort.
The whole dark atmosphere made reading the menu impossible.
Couldn't really get over themselves attitude.

1  Thank Campbell2308