“Last night at the beach, why not Mexican?”
Review of El Jalisco Mexican Restaurant - CLOSED

El Jalisco Mexican Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

It was our last night on SGI & wanted something different. We saw a commercial for El Jalisco's & thought we'd try it. Wow!! What a pleasant surprise! Margaritas were two for one & really good! I had the Quesadilla Supreme with shredded beef. So much beef & so flavorful! Guacamole was chunky & homemade, not the bland green paste you see in some restaurants. Staff was kind & personable. Come visit them...you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

Quality food at reasonable prices. We needed a break from the seafood diet and found it here. Good guacamole, cheese dip and combos. Cold beer and friendly staff. If you need something different, head to El Jalisco .

Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

If staying in or near Apalachacola, Florida, you must eat here. It is where the locals go! It was quite busy which caused the service to be slow. But wait, I'm on vacation!

Pro's:
Excellent breakfast foods. I had a Western Omelet. Prices were not too expensive. Good coffee. Kids would be happy eating here also.

Con's:
It was very busy. Locals and vacationers like me. Service was slow. It took a long time to get ticket to pay. If you are impatient, this is not the place for you.

Overall:
Very good, filling American Breakfast (it's on their sign) meal for two with tip was $26. It's worth the visit. I recommend!

Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

I can't speak for the Mexican food, but the American breakfast is very good. It is always hot and fresh. My family and I visit frequently on our annual vacations to St. George. We love the new location! Much more room, very clean, and nicely decorated.

Reviewed 29 May 2017

This is a great place for Mexican food, a boon to all of us in the Cape San Blas, Indian Pass, Apalachicola, St. George Island area.
The food is basic but authentic, the staff is friendly, the beans are great, the guacamole is fresh, and the margaritas are delicious.
This is not a place for fusion this and new that...it is where to go for good, basic Mexican food.