“Clean/Quiet - great value for the money”

Red Roof Inn Ellenton
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Ellenton
rosharon, TX
“Clean/Quiet - great value for the money”
Reviewed 3 May 2010

Although this motel is very close to the highway, it's also directly on a very pleasant lake, which is great to enjoy breakfast while watching the sun rise.

I found this motel very clean, and quiet. The beds were comfortable, and I appreciated having a refrigerator to cool my drinks off in. There was a clean looking swimming pool, which I didn't take advantage of. The breakfast was mostly starchy, but I could have made a meal of it if necessary. The coffee was surprisingly good in the lobby. I didn't bother to make coffee in my room.

Overall, I think it was excellent value for money. For a Fri/Sat booking, my bill was $117 with tax. As a single woman traveling on business, I felt safe, and this was a bargain motel.

There is also an outlet mall almost directly across the interstate from this motel, but I was too tired after work to enjoy it.

Please see my reviews on restaurants close by - one was horrendous!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Reviewed 21 March 2010

I'm not sure where to begin. They don't treat the "guest" in Guest House Inn well at all! God forbid you'd like to dry off after a shower, you'll get a careless attitude from the front desk and the same from the housekeeping. If you wanna keep your head comfy during your sleep, don't expect to be helped in that area either. A snooty attitude is only complimented by the dirty sock smell of the rooms. There's probably a reason that the Guest House Inn is hidden behind the Waffle House, it doesn't deserve a spot on the main roads of Ellenton.

• Stayed March 2010
indiana
Reviewed 17 March 2010

Better than average value hotet. Not immaculate but clean. Nice staff and continental breakfast. Newer AC in room. Daily fresh towels and bed changed every three days. Good location to interstate, outlet mall and restaurants. Pretty heated pool next to scenic lake. Would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
johnnyb53
Reviewed 16 March 2010

Do not understand at all the negative reviews for this motel. We asked to see romm first after reading the negative reviews. The room was clean and did not smell. Staff was friendly and we would reccommend this hotel. I have stayed at other hotels that were more expensive but no better. At a rate of around $50.00 you cant beat this. Our room even had a view of the lake. Would deffinitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank johnnyb53
USA
Reviewed 4 May 2008

Our family recently stayed at GuestHouse Inn in Ellenton Florida. I booked the room through the 1-800 number because, I was unable to get through to the Ellenton location. Once we arrived the front desk clerk was unable to find our reservation and replied that they lose them all the time. I was worried because, we were in town for a family funeral, had spent an exhausting day at hospice and needed a place to stay. She actually asked me to come around her front desk and go into her managers office and see if I could locate the reservation on their computer. She then replied that she has another room and would give it to us a discount. Bathroom was not clean, their was hair on the toilet. yuck. Toilet did not flush well. Front door appeared to have been kicked in a few times and did not shut well. Door is on the outside of the building. Pool was gross. Not clean. The other people that were staying there were throwing each other in the pool sitting on chairs with the staff standing there laughing. A small child actually banged his head on the side of the pool. There was a lot of bird poop, bugs, gum, what appeared to be puke around the pool and bugs and leaves in the pool. I refused to go in the hot tub. There were people actually taking a bath in the hot tub with the staff watching.
Overall, not a good experience.

• Liked — n/a
  • Disliked — everything listed in my review
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
tallahassee
Reviewed 7 February 2007

Do Not Stay Here!!!! We all got sick from the mold and mildew. First of all, we paid over $100 for a one night stay, so this is no cheapy motel. We arrived late and the incompetent clerk (who we had to deal with through a window slot) spent forever re-entering all of our information because she could not figure out how to find us with our confirmation number. We requested a first floor room, which was a mistake, as it absolutely STUNK with mold and mildew. The furniture was all warped where it met the carpet, which led me to believe that there had been flooding in the room at some time. There was even a huge (and loud) dehumidifier in the room...so they knew there were mildew problems. There was animal hair all over the carpet. The tub was so stained and dirty I would not wash my children in it, even after I tried to clean it. My whole family wound up taking benadryl from the moldy/mildewy atmosphere which caused us all to have allergy attacks. If it hadn't been so late we would have packed up and found another hotel. The next morning the other clerk allowed us into the smoke filled "lobby," where she messed up our bill and claimed she had no knowledge of any mildew problems because she "hadn't been around lately." I wouldn't stay here again if they paid me.

• Liked — Absolutely nothing
  • Disliked — Dirty, smelly, mildew room
  • Stayed February 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
2 Thank disluvr
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 21 March 2005

We arrived last Friday night after a 7 hour drive which was made longer because of the lack of signage directing us to the hotel. The door to the reception office was locked and my brother in-law who had made the reservations through travelocity greeted us at the outside window, similar to liquor stores that fear armed robberies. He told us that at check in he was told that there were no rooms reserved for he and his wife or me and my husband. He resolved the issue with confirmation numbers and telephone confirmations. Not a warm welcome after a long drive, but the setting was beautiful and we were encouraged. There are tall oaks with Spanish moss and the hotel sits on a scenic lake. We admired the view and went to our rooms. Our room was spacious but extremely shoddy. The laminate on the furniture was peeling, the towels are threadbare and the comforter was stained. Apparantly, this was a run down Shoneys and the new owners have not put a dime in it. What a terrible shame to have such a lovely location with a hotel in such disrepair. Breakfast was good if you like to carbo-load and the checkout person friendly- perturbed when I questioned the locked lobby at check in. I would not recommend this hotel because of a lack of care for the facility and guests.

18 Thank judiMiami_Florida
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ellenton
0.4 km away
6.7 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Bradenton Downtown Historic District
5.3 km away
Americas Best Value Inn-Bradenton/Sarasota

Been to Red Roof Inn Ellenton? Share your experiences!