“Large portions”

cafe 776
Ranked #15 of 114 Restaurants in Englewood
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 18 May 2017

My husband and I really like this place. Small in size but very large in portions. We ate a late lunch here and it was very good, but a little greasy. I had beer-battered cod and fries and my husband had a burger and fries. Service was quite good. Will be back.

Reviewed 16 May 2017

The seasonal residents have gone North and the restaurants are once again available to the locals. This is a must do place. Giant portions, and great taste! I had the fried mushrooms which are the size of a baseball and delicious!! Grilled shrimp. delightful! My husband had the fish and chips- he loved them. He also had the clam chowder which he loved as well. t was enough for 2 ( But he didn't want to share- maybe next time?) We arrived near closing and had the place to ourselves, yet they did not rush us and even suggestion root beer floats for dessert.Best place I have been in the area.

Reviewed 9 May 2017

Well there was a wait to be seated, for the life of em I don't know why! The waiting area totally sucked! If you are not a smoker you will hate waiting there! This outside are STILL should be smoke free! By the time we were seated the smoke I inhaled thwarted my appetite! As for the food this is a FRIED food joint! so if you don't care for deep fried food go somewhere else! As you can tell for us this was a dive and a big flop! NEVER again for us, I'M plenty of folks may love the cheap fried food, not our choice!!

Reviewed 22 April 2017

Yum, yum, yum! Mom loved it so much last year - she wanted to go again this year - yes, of course she ordered the beer battered fish - oh so good!! Our server TINA was excellent and very attentive - thank you!

Reviewed 21 April 2017 via mobile

Stopped by after the beach about 1:00pm. Wife had shrimp basket and I had grouper sandwich. Service was good and portions were large, but, kind of greasy! I hope this can be resolved as we always have liked this place. We will give it another try but something has to be done about the "greasy" problem. It can be fixed.

1  Thank mikejapan007