Neat as a pin, extremely helpful, courteous staff, lovely little courtyard pool area, tidy and serviceable (but very un-fancy) rooms, quiet and a decent breakfast. Great for families, especially those with adventuresome kids who are willing to get out of the usual theme-park, tourist-trap rut that most families fall into during Florida vacations. DEFINITELY spend the money on a guided kayak tour and definitely try to get John Lewis as your guide. He is patient, knowledgeable and funny. Kayaking is totally do-able for kids too but I wouldn't bring a kid younger than 8, no matter what. They just wouldn't get much out of it and it would be stressful for parents to keep an eye on them. Overall just a terrific one-of-a-kind vacation experience that made us feel grateful that there are still unspoiled places left in Florida, and places to stay when we want to visit them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the magic of this secret paradise located in the heart of historic Everglades City. The Inn is the first Florida Certified Green Lodging in Collier County and features free WiFi, a scrumptious breakfast, a relaxing pool, and a friendly staff available to assist you easy access into unique and breathtaking areas of Everglades National Park. For 30 years the Harraden family has provided travelers ways to explore this World Treasure. Make a Dream Vacation Your Reality! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca and Cancelon so you can book your Ivey House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ivey House Hotel Everglades City
- Ivey House Everglades City, Florida