I went to Amelia Island for the Petanqué America Open 2012 and booked the twin room at the Florida Inn, for price and location. I was greeted warmly as I arrived early and expected to have to wait for access to my room till later that afternoon but was pleasantly surprised to be offered a queen room (since my companion did not get to join me on the trip). Furthermore I was given a key and settled in immediately since it was already made up. My room on the second floor had an en-suit shower,a queen four poster bed, and a view of the court yard form the veranda.
The accommodations were quite comfortable and the staff very helpful.
Breakfast was a great southern buffet on the weekend and on the weekday was a choice of a made to order southern style breakfast or healthy option.
I will be staying here next year for the tournament. It was a great choice and a great location.
Thanks for a lovely stay!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Florida House Inn was built in 1857 by David Yulee and is considered the oldest active Inn in Florida. The Inn has housed many famous people like Ulysses S. Grant, The Carnegies and the Rockerfellers, just to name a few. Come for a visit and step back in time with us.... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Florida House Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Florida House Hotel Fernandina Beach
- Florida House Inn Amelia Island/Fernandina Beach, FL