Was looking so forward to my stay and enjoying staying in such a historic place. Such as shame. The room was no larger than a closet and the staff were not on hand at night to be contacted as we needed help to turn down the air as it was cold as a meat locker in our room. I left a message and NEVER received a return call back. The staff who served breakfast acted like they were being put out. Dropped the plates and never came back to the table. Such a shame. The whole stay there was very sad.
They say there is free wifi, but you can't get a connection to save your life. The staff confirmed this and suggested we sit on the front porch for the best reception.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Florida House Inn was built in 1857 by David Yulee and is considered the oldest active Inn in Florida. The Inn has housed many famous people like Ulysses S. Grant, The Carnegies and the Rockerfellers, just to name a few. Come for a visit and step back in time with us.... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Florida House Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Florida House Hotel Fernandina Beach
- Florida House Inn Amelia Island/Fernandina Beach, FL