“Could have been better”

Amelia Hotel at the Beach
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Fernandina Beach
Reviewed 6 May 2012

The bed wasn't as comfortable as I would have liked, the AC wasn't very effective, and I could hear everything outside of my room. That said, the staff was very friendly and it is well located.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank goingtorwanda

Reviewed 4 May 2012

Hotel is in a great location; just across the street from the beach. We had a beach facing room and while the view wasn't fantastic we could see the sunrise each morning and enough of the waves to know if it was low or high tide. Noise wasn't an issue; sure there were some street noises, but they weren't disturbing. We couldn't any noises from Sliders (across the street) at all.

Room was clean and had an open airy feel. Refrigerator, microwave, sink and counter space were nice.

Staff seemed distant at times but were friendly and attentive when asked a question.

Breakfast was adequate but with a 6 night stay a little boring.

Nice stay, and would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank debde45
Reviewed 3 May 2012

This is a nice hotel with good pricing for its rooms. However, I was there during the month of April. The hotel is near the beach and has an excellent breakfast featuring very good scrambled eggs, sausage patties, and fresh biscuits. This breakfast was far superior to the likes of a typical Hampton Inn. I stayed at this hotel twice and the second time I was upgraded by the desk clerk who recognized m e from a week earlier. She gave me an upgraded room with a view of the ocean. A nice thing to do on her part. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The hotel was in the process of doing some updating work and was painting part of the exterior of the building while I was there. The only negative was that the bathrooms did need some work--some paint is chipped and the floor near the shower/baths should be repaired or replaced. Overall a nice (well priced) place to stay in the Fernandina Beach area.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank RF41
Reviewed 29 April 2012

Great location. staff very helpful I needed a cab while was there and they called for me and gave me a card to come back. I read on other reviews about the noise from the bar across the street and my room was on that side and my husband and I never heard it and we went to bed early because of work. Would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank KATHY1055
Reviewed 29 April 2012

Excellent staff and service. Fine breakfast. Great location across the street from the beach. We had a beach-facing room with balcony. It was rainy during our stay and the rain came in under the balcony door. I am pretty sure there was mold on the wall behind the bed. The damp smell kept me awake at night, but the bed was comfortable. I think the mattress was Temper-Pedic. I should have mentioned the dampness to the staff. At the time I figured it was just part of staying so close to the ocean.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LvelyRita
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We stayed here at their Oceanside Terrace Suite on the top floor, and we loved everything about this Hotel. We stayed here from 4/1/2012 to 4/5/2012. I had requested the top floor for the view as recommended by TripAdvisor users because of the front of the building and I couldn't be happier. The view was amazing and the room was great as well. The tub was very spacious and was pretty quiet for a jacuzzi tub. On top of having a tub like that it still had a nice walk-in shower. The bathroom was just big in general, along with the rest of the room. The bed was a king-size bed and was very comfortable. The balcony was nice for playing cards and relaxing. House keeping was always cleaning our room by 9:30 at the latest, and did a good job keeping the room clean.The service was friendly and breakfast was fine, though we do not really eat breakfast so that was not that important. The location while having some buildings upfront and not being directly on the beach was no problem for us at all because the hotel was very reasonable priced. We paid about what nice rooms cost at any other regular hotel, let along for one with such a nice location. Over all if we go up there again, we WILL choose to stay there again, and will always opt for their Oceanside Terrace Suite.

Room Tip: For the best view, thew top story is the way to go.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank sp90378
Reviewed 19 April 2012

The location was good - right across from the beach and an awesome bar/restaurant. The rooms were clean. The beds were very comfortable. Not impressed with housekeeping. Had to ask for additional towels after the first morning - they did not replace all that we had used. On the second day housekeeping had not come by 3 pm and we needed to get ready for a wedding - had to request clean towels once again. Nice that they included breakfast, although the warm food wasn't even warm. Stick to the yogurt and fruit. Some staff was friendly, some were not. Probably would not stay there again.

Room Tip: The back room overlook the parking lot and the front the busy street - best room would be top floor...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Seaside Amelia Inn
#5 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
0.1 km away
Days Inn & Suites Amelia Island at the Beach
Days Inn & Suites Amelia Island ...
#10 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
0.4 km away
Residence Inn Amelia Island
Residence Inn Amelia Island
#1 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
4.4 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Island-Historic Harbor Front
Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Isla...
#3 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
3.3 km away
Comfort Suites Oceanview Amelia Island
Comfort Suites Oceanview Amelia ...
#11 of 12 in Fernandina Beach
9.3 km away
Villas of Amelia Island Plantation

Been to Amelia Hotel at the Beach? Share your experiences!