“One of the Besr Dog Parks ANYWHERE”

Nassau Humane Society Dog Park
Reviewed January 14, 2018

We moved to Fernandina Beach 2 years ago and started bringing our dog to the NHS Dog Park. We have been going six days a week ever since. The in-ground pool was a big draw for us and Junebug made great use of it. But she loves running with the other dogs around the very large fenced-in park. With plenty of grass and trees the dogs love playing and exploring there. The park provides tons of balls and a large array of various toys. Dogs who go there LOVE IT. Also has a nice-sized separate area for smaller dogs, though there are a number of people who bring their small dogs into the big dog area. It's a great place to meet other local dog people too.

All reviews
"nhs"
"furry"
"passes"

Reviewed July 22, 2017

Love this dog park but wish owners would keep a closer eye on their dogs, as well as a little more enforcement by the staff. One of my first visits resulted in a dog jumping on me so hard that I got multiple gashes on my leg, one of which is still visible and bruised. Two visits later, a great dane nearly knocked me over, both head on and once I turned my back to him, and bit me in the outer thigh before the owner finally came to my rescue. I have a sore 3x2 inch welt as a memento. He was clawing at another dog's face, and stepped on my smaller dog twice, resulting in rare yelps from him. If dogs are injuring other dogs and people, they shouldn't be there, especially since we pay to go.

4  Thank Julie L
Reviewed July 22, 2017

Nice clean dog park with a bone shaped pool. Right next to the Humane Society. I am not used to paying to use a dog park but I understand that any profit goes to support the shelter next door so I am good with that.

1  Thank caccf1
Reviewed April 29, 2017

Have been attending the park for years. The pups love it. Seems the powers that be in the park and the shelter can't stop their infighting long enough to keep the park clean, neat, and welcoming.
Remember...memberships pay for the park so how about treating the members a little better and clean this place up.

6  Thank condofern