“Best Dog Park Ever”

Nassau Humane Society Dog Park
Reviewed May 12, 2018

I am leery of dog parks- you have to watch carefully to keep your dog safe. On all but one of our visits the people and dogs have been great; if there is an aggressive dog the staff try to address the issue but I don't stick around. This park is very clean and has air horns as a safety feature- when blown staff from the Humane Society next door come running to intervene. There is an application process to ensure that dogs are up to date with vaccinations and the cost is very reasonable, you can choose day, monthly, or annual passes. Hours of admission are generous- they are only closed on Tuesdays for cleaning. The dog bone shaped pool is a great touch and the grooming area makes it more than worth the price of admission. Water bowls and toss toys are available. We are staying a month in a condo here and after long walks on the beach, we use the grooming area to shampoo and dry our Golden weekly to avoid his tendency to develop hot spots. Its truly a model for dog parks everywhere.

All reviews
"nhs"
"furry"
"passes"

Reviewed January 23, 2018

I have been a member for about 8 months now and i love this park. The employees are so nice & they keep the grounds clean & beautiful. Whether you are local or just visiting come by & let your furry friend enjoy the pool & play.

2  Thank Christine P
Reviewed January 14, 2018

We moved to Fernandina Beach 2 years ago and started bringing our dog to the NHS Dog Park. We have been going six days a week ever since. The in-ground pool was a big draw for us and Junebug made great use of it. But she loves running with the other dogs around the very large fenced-in park. With plenty of grass and trees the dogs love playing and exploring there. The park provides tons of balls and a large array of various toys. Dogs who go there LOVE IT. Also has a nice-sized separate area for smaller dogs, though there are a number of people who bring their small dogs into the big dog area. It's a great place to meet other local dog people too.

Reviewed July 22, 2017

Love this dog park but wish owners would keep a closer eye on their dogs, as well as a little more enforcement by the staff. One of my first visits resulted in a dog jumping on me so hard that I got multiple gashes on my leg, one of which is still visible and bruised. Two visits later, a great dane nearly knocked me over, both head on and once I turned my back to him, and bit me in the outer thigh before the owner finally came to my rescue. I have a sore 3x2 inch welt as a memento. He was clawing at another dog's face, and stepped on my smaller dog twice, resulting in rare yelps from him. If dogs are injuring other dogs and people, they shouldn't be there, especially since we pay to go.

4  Thank Julie L