“4th of July Dinner ”
Review of The Net by George

The Net by George
Ranked #19 of 82 Restaurants in Flagler Beach
Reviewed July 4, 2017 via mobile

Our meal was beyond delicious !! We started out with Oysters Rockefeller. Some of the best we have ever had. The Grilled Lobster Scampi exceeded my expectations. Perfectly seasoned and cooked. The Fried Shrimp we're amazing! Portions are generous. Food is wonderful! Staff is beyond friendly! A great place to go !! We will definitely be back next time we are in town!

1  Thank jerribres

Reviewed July 4, 2017 via mobile

We were looking for a local restaurant that had fresh seafood, not the fried stuff we kept seeing. We stopped in here for dinner and were not disappointed! The food was excellent, the service was great, and George was nice to talk to. No complaints. We'll definitely be back!

1  Thank Michelle D
Reviewed July 2, 2017 via mobile

We're New England natives with a high standard for good seafood. After finding nothing but deep-fried fish everywhere in the Flagler/Ormond area, we stumbled upon this place. They were more than accommodating and very friendly when we called at 8:30 for an 8:45 seating, even though they closed at 9.

We were treated very kindly and our server, Valerie, was really sweet even after having worked a 12 hour shift. She listed off a load of specials, of which we ordered a couple.

What we had: Lobster tail, coconut shrimp, Chilean sea bass, and two orders of little-necks. All of it was delicious and excellently cooked. The sides of linguini and rice pilaf were great, as well.

We quickly discovered why the food was so great. We mentioned that we were originally from Connecticut, and we were informed that the owner, George, was from there as well---ten minutes from where I lived!

Only minutes later, George himself came down to say hi, and we chatted with him for quite a while. He was an incredibly kind and down-to-Earth man, and was just a genuine fan of good New England-style seafood.

Suffice it to say we'll be back for the food and the service again and again and again.

1  Thank Dan N
Reviewed June 25, 2017 via mobile

Service was amazing. Thanks Laura! You get a great amount of food and all of it is so tasty. Love how the food did not take forever to come out. Love George. Been a friend of the families since I was little. Friends loved their meals and can't wait to come back. Look forward to coming back and bringing the family. Definitely will be telling everyone about this place.

1  Thank Kimberly P
Reviewed June 22, 2017 via mobile

We wanted to go out to dinner at the ocean and had been here before and had a mediocre experience. My Chilean had been delicious but my husband was not happy with the quality of the steak. Tonight was horrible. I ordered the scallop Florentine and my husband had the lobster tail scampi. The scallop florentine had one visible microscopic piece of spinach and was extremely bland. The texture of the cream sauce was nice but had absolutely no flavor. My husband's lobster was over cooked and rubbery and difficult to cut. It was served with a small cup of scampi sauce which barely had any garlic. He has never not finished a lobster tail and couldn't even eat half because it was so bad. And, the prices were not reasonable. We had a small Greek salad, a nasty fried shrimp appetizer and the bill was $68. The bread was good the service was fair. The waitress forgot my glass of wine I had ordered for dinner. We let our waitress know we were unhappy and the manager came over to talk with us. We had the blueberry bread pudding the last time we were there which was outstanding. Can't beat the view, but we won't be back.