“Great stay in Ft Lauderdale”
Review of Riverside Hotel

Riverside Hotel
Ranked #17 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 26 April 2012

Loved this hotel,great area {if you have money.....lol}Wonderful front room staff.Loved walking around the canal looking & dreaming about the boats that cruised by.Restaurants abound everything within walking distances.Defiantly old world charm in this lovely hotel,you can`t go wrong.Booked this hotel on mystery deals through travelocity,great find.Then off on our cruise lovely trip

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank hhar14
dobrikowh, General Manager at Riverside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2012

Good Afternoon,
I am so pleased that you had a wonderful stay with us at the Riverside Hotel and it was a perfect choice coupled with your cruise experience.

Thank you for the terrific rating and we hope to see you when you take your next cruise.

Bon Voyage,

There are newer reviews for Riverside Hotel

Reviewed 25 April 2012

Beautiful historic hotel. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay for our anniversary. The hotel is beautiful. The service was fantastic, rooms are beautiful. The service was top notch.My only criticism would be that the carpet in the rooms could be updated.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Mommydiva1

Good Afternoon and Happy Anniversary!
We are so glad that you made the Riverside you choice on that special date. You are correct in highlighting the historic appeal and old-florida charm. I was pleased to see that my staff provided you with great service.

Hope to see you soon again,

Reviewed 23 April 2012

This hotel is a GEM. It is situated on the inter coastal waterway within a 5 minute ride to the beach. The staff are outstanding and the rooms are incredible.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
dobrikowh, General Manager at Riverside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2012

Good Morning,
All I can say is "Thank You" to your wonderful review, which makes us so proud. I am so thrilled that you combined Excellence with our Hotel.

Come back soon.

Sunny regards,

Reviewed 12 April 2012

We obtained our one night reservation through an opaque booking site, so there is always an element of suspense as to the hotel, its quality and facilities.

With this one, we were not disappointed. Although I had researched the location and the facilities, I was very taken with the pleasant Las Olas Boulevard and area, great restaurants, window shopping and people watching.

The pool was out of order for maintenance, but we were offered tram tickets to access the beaches which I thought was a nice touch.

Wifi access was available and good signal quality. There is also wired internet in the lobby.

The hotel itself is 'historic'. This can also be read as old, but this just adds to the charm of the place. If you are expecting a cookie cutter shoebox hotel, this isn't it. The lobby and walkway through the outdoor restaurant is charming and very atmospheric. Our room was in the older tower tucked away at one end of the building. It was an adventure just to find the elevator that accessed our particular floor and room.

Our room was bright, airy, ancient and had a great view over the water. The hotel has some foibles, some knocks and patches, but it has so much character and charm - we had a very comfortable bed with plenty of pillows. We were only here for one night pre-cruise but we enjoyed the whole experience..

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
dobrikowh, General Manager at Riverside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2012

Good Afternoon,
I just wanted to thank you for this wonderful review on Trip advisor. Our historic hotel and premier location on Las Olas Boulevard are certainly exquisite elements that you enjoyed.

Hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed 7 April 2012

Stayed for one night, pre-cruise. Properties we normally would have stayed at were sold out, so we choose this one based on TripAdvisor reviews. Booked a corner tower room and even qualified for a discounted rate. I found the hotel layout strange, with front, back and side entrances and different elevators for tower vs. classic rooms. I didn’t ever find the pool area, but I didn’t look for it very hard. The room was ready when we checked in and was spacious and clean. There really was no “view” as we looked out onto other buildings and a divided highway.

The furniture and drapes were not my style, especially the plastic furniture on the balcony. I thought they were dated, but it could just be a décor choice. It’s not a high-tech place. TVs are still conventional, not flat-screen; internet access in the rooms required repeated log-ins to work, and the business center was very small with only two computers. Overall, it worked for us for one night and, given the time of year, was a decent value. The location on Las Olas gave us lots of options for dinner and brunch the next morning. NOTE TO CRUISERS: The hotel does not provide complimentary transportation to/from airport or cruise port.

Good Afternoon,
I am so glad that you choose us as your cruise hotel and I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed Las Olas Boulevard. You mentioned that transportation was not included in your stay. Please keep in mind that we also offer packages that included the transportation to the Port of Everglades.

Until we see you again, have a great day.

Reviewed 5 April 2012

Post cruise 3 night stay over Christmas holidays.

Room: Booked our stay through PL and we were assigned to a room with a view of an air vent, so I can't speak much of the view. Room was older, with old fashioned 80s 'tropical-tiki-esque decor and well worn furnishings. The bathroom was showing its age with very industrial looking plumbing especially the toilet and puke-green enameled bathtub. Appeared clean which was the most important aspect as far as bathrooms should go. Room size was adequate and there was a mini fridge filled with for-charge drinks. Our bed was quite comfortable and street noise was minimal. We had great sleep during our stay.

Location: best feature of this hotel. Being the only hotel on the Last Olas Blvd, you're steps away from shops, restaurants, and some nightlight. Lighted palm trees line the boulevard. Hotel is adjacent to a Cheesecake Factory if you're not feeling adventurous.

Service: upon arrival, we were greeted by a very nice bellman. Reception staff appeared friendly and professional. Night before our departure, the city water supply was shut down so there was literally no water running through the neighborhood. Staff kept their composure despite guests venting their frustration at them. We were severely inconvenienced because we couldn't use the bathroom or even brush our teeth for an early morning flight. Management was nowhere to be found and there no communication provided to the guests during this confusing period. Still I can't fault the staff for something they had no control over. After our stay, I discovered a bar charge on my credit card. I called their front desk and they immediately reversed this charge without putting up a fuss. I was thankful that they did follow through their promise without me having to hound them.

Value/Amenities: their normal rack rate is fairly expensive but through PL or any other hotel booking site, the daily room is reasonable. They had the normal 3*amenities which we didn't use: outdoor swimming pool, newspaper, in room coffee maker, ironing board....grand piano in the lobby. Personally, I would've preferred complimentary wireless internet which they either didn't provide or had zero signal. There were two computer stations in the lobby for a ridiculous fee, something like $3 for 15 minutes. Thankfully we didn't have a car because the the parking rates were quite expensive as well.

Overall, I'm glad that we had the opportunity to stay in a unique hotel with such history but not sure if I'll do it again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

Good Afternoon,
thank you so much for your detailed review and I am so sorry about the experience you had last Christmas, when the water main broke in Fort Lauderdale. I personally came back to our hotel to meet with hotel guests and keeping guests informed about the repair work. The water was restored just about mid-night, but we were still under a boil water notice for several additional days. I hope that this experience will not keep you away from our charming hotel.

Please come visit us again,

Reviewed 3 April 2012

We stayed here on the post cruise package, great value. As requested, the hotel driver picked us up at the pier which was very close. This cost was included as was a 20% discount off our meals ( plus other discounts we didn't use). The sidewalk cafe is charming. We paid $10.00 to upgrade to a room with a balcony which was worth it. The staff are great

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a balcony

Good Afternoon,
I was so delighted to read your review and particularly was please that we became part of your cruise vacation. I am further thrilled that you stayed with us when we had the special Food & Beverage promotion, which gave you additional savings.

Come visit us soon again,