“Excellent pre/post cruise hotel”

Crowne Plaza Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port
Ranked #20 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Plano, Texas
“Excellent pre/post cruise hotel”
Reviewed 7 April 2012

I stayed one night pre-cruise and I was VERY pleased. The shuttle service was quick from the airport. Since it serves multiple hotels I was happy to find that the Crowne Plaza was the 1st stop.
The front desk area is a bit weird as it's 2 podiums standing in a small room off the underground type parking. There is a small lounge area right off the "front desk". Though it's oddly configured, the service was friendly, efficient and helpful. Very professional. And I don't spend time hanging around the front desk/lobby area anyway.

The rooms are lovely. Kind of minimalistic/boutique/oceany feel to the decor. Spacious and clean. Small but perfectly functional bathroom. Comfy beds. Nice TV. Great chaise lounge. And I could see the cruise ships from my window. There is a really nice pool area, a great little convenience store, (and a restaurant which I didn't use.) Just around the corner is Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza which is one of the best restaurants in Fort Lauderdale. About a 5 min stroll. (not a lot else to walk to however). I took a cab rather than the shuttle to the pier as it was cheaper and more convenient.

I can honestly say I'd stay there again, as I've already booked a couple of rooms for later this year pre-cruise. The entire stay was a pleasant surprise!

Room Tip: Walk to Anthony's for dinner.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Sharon B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
Waukesha, WI
Reviewed 6 April 2012

We booked this room for a night before we left on a cruise. We used the free airport shuttle to the hotel. There is not much to do around the hotel so we asked the staff for suggestions. They were very happy to give us some suggestions. They also helped us arrange transportation to the cruiseport and for trasportation after we returned to the airport. The rooms are very clean but I expected that being that it is a fairly new hotel. The only problem we had was the bed. The bed was rather firm and very uncomfortable for the wife and I. The next morning we went to the resturant for breakfast to find it full of people, mostly other cruisers. They told us it would be 30 min before we would have a seat unless we sat at the bar, which we took. The service was a little slow but that was expected with the crowd but the food was good. As a hotel to stay in Ft. Lauderdale for a fey days, probably not. But to stay if you are waiting on a cruise or a flight home, it is pretty good.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank cul8tr8320
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 April 2012

I want to thank the Crowne Plaza for the excellent service we recieved from our stay on March 23. We had lounged at the pool for the day and Andres had been taking care of us with refreshments. After our day basking in the sunshine we decided to have dinner at Kiki's. We requested Andres to serve us and what a great meal we had. Kudos to Andres and the Crowne Plaza. We will be back!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed 2 April 2012

Not knowing anything about Ft. Lauderdale, I chose this for the reviews & the free shuttle to and from airport and cruise terminal. My husband and I stayed pre-cruise. The hotel is relatively close to the terminal, you could see the stacks of the ships, but certainly not walking distance. The hotel itself is nice, clean, and the staff friendly and helpful. Almost everyone who is staying there is there for a cruise, which of course makes for fun conversation. It is in a very industrial area, car lots, empty lots and oil storage so don't expect ambiance. But, the rooms were very nice, large, modern and clean. The pool area is nice and the restaurant & bar was also nice, which is good, cause there is really not much of a choice. If you have a long lay-over, you might want something more beachy or have places to walk to, but for our purposes it was fine.

Room Tip: There really is no veiw, but if you look over the pool, that's something I guess.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank schmidtgirl
California
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Location is strange, building is strange looking looks like it may have been a public storge building in a prior life. I chose it due to the prox to the Broward Cty Conv Center and it was not over priced for the season, etc..I travel alot and cannot accept poor attitudes or the NO I cant attitude with hotel staff and I found this here as did my co workers. And I do not ever ask anything special or abnormal from any hotel staff. The rooms are fine and spacious, pool on the 5th floor seems fine- I will search a little more before the next event trip to FLL next year.

Room Tip: NO views to speak of so it does not matter
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank BiotechCalifornia
HIManagement84, Manager at Crowne Plaza Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port, responded to this review, 5 April 2012
We are very sorry that you experienced some issues with our staff. We care very much of what impression our guests take away from their visit with us. We take the time to read every posting and take them very seriously and can assure you, that we will be reviewing them with our team so we can continually improve our hotel. Thank you for your review, even though it was not a positive one , you took the time to write and we apreciate it. We hope we are able to welcome you back in the near future and turn around your impression of our hotel.
Frisco, Texas
Reviewed 1 April 2012

I booked this hotel based on reviews from TripAdvisor and because of its proximity to the cruise port and free shuttle. This hotel is located right outside the cruise terminal/port gates.

We had a little difficulty finding the shuttle pick-up area at the airport. We made three stops at the hotel’s sister properties to drop off other guests. Ours was the last stop. If you aren’t in a hurry, take a taxi.

This was a one night pre-cruise stay in March. We were two adults and two children, I had previously contacted the hotel requesting a room on a high floor with a view of the cruise port and they were able to accommodate us. The hotel staff was extremely friendly and professional. The room was clean, spacious and bright. It was equipped with a coffee maker, microwave oven, and refrigerator. The hotel has a fantastic pool and patio area on the 5th floor that overlooks the surrounding area and is great for relaxing.

We decided to grab lunch in Kiki’s, the hotel restaurant and were pleasantly surprised. We found the food really good and prices in line with most national chain restaurants. We had lunch in the restaurant and placed a “to go” order for dinner, preferring to eat in our room. The hotel also has an on-site store that carries not only the normal items stocked in this type of establishment, but individual packages of dry cereal, oatmeal, fresh whole fruit, healthy snacks and various types of beverages.

On the day of departure, we elected to take a taxi to the cruise terminal. The hotel shuttle is $8/person to the cruise port. A good deal for 1 or 2 people but a little expensive for 4 people. And, for anyone who considers walking from the hotel to the cruise port to save a few dollars, I wouldn’t recommend it. This is in a heavy industrial area with heavy truck traffic.

I loved this hotel and will definitely return if I take another cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale.

Room Tip: If traveling with kids, ask for a view of the cruise port
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 March 2012

Carl went above and beyond his duty with helping me and my 3 year old daughter after orbitz messed up our reservation. He was polite, professional and caring in helping us secure a room at 2 a.m. Thank you Carl for all of your assistance! Thank you Crowne Plaza for hiring a mannerly, understanding man.

• Stayed March 2012