“Very close to Ft. Lauderdale cruise terminal”

Crowne Plaza Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port
Ranked #23 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Louisville, Kentucky
“Very close to Ft. Lauderdale cruise terminal”
Reviewed 9 April 2012

This hotel is near the Ft. Lauderdale airport AND the cruise terminal. Comfortable, clean, nice rooms, pleasant staff. If you are without a car, very few restaurants are nearby although there is one in the hotel and there are some delivery options. It is very easy to book a shuttle to the cruise terminal and this is the reason you pick this hotel anyway! When I cruise from Ft. Lauderdale in the future, I will continue to use and recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Gary P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
Jericho, New York
Reviewed 8 April 2012

we stayed at the hotel prior to our cruise . We decided on this hotel because of its location and because the hotel had an on site hertz auto rental The hotel staff was gracious and allowed us to enter our room early. We went to Hertz for our car We had reserved a navigation system but the car didnt have one as the staff said they were out of them So if you rent a car from hertz don't count on it.

The hotel room was fine We had two children with us and had two queen beds We had dinner a Jaxons, a five minute car ride away. A real old fashioned ice cream parlor with a really nice food menu. We had breakfast at the hotel The food was good. the hotel has laundry facilities , a gym and nice pool. You can also view some of the cruise ships from room windows and the pool terrace. Since the transfers to the crise terminal were $8 pp we decided to take a private van which was faster and more cost effective.

I will stay at this hotel again when going on a cruise out of ft lauderdale. They also have a free airport shuttle but we waited and it never came after 20 minutes and opted for a private car.

Room Tip: face cruise terminal
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Beauty2
Plano, Texas
Reviewed 7 April 2012

I stayed one night pre-cruise and I was VERY pleased. The shuttle service was quick from the airport. Since it serves multiple hotels I was happy to find that the Crowne Plaza was the 1st stop.
The front desk area is a bit weird as it's 2 podiums standing in a small room off the underground type parking. There is a small lounge area right off the "front desk". Though it's oddly configured, the service was friendly, efficient and helpful. Very professional. And I don't spend time hanging around the front desk/lobby area anyway.

The rooms are lovely. Kind of minimalistic/boutique/oceany feel to the decor. Spacious and clean. Small but perfectly functional bathroom. Comfy beds. Nice TV. Great chaise lounge. And I could see the cruise ships from my window. There is a really nice pool area, a great little convenience store, (and a restaurant which I didn't use.) Just around the corner is Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza which is one of the best restaurants in Fort Lauderdale. About a 5 min stroll. (not a lot else to walk to however). I took a cab rather than the shuttle to the pier as it was cheaper and more convenient.

I can honestly say I'd stay there again, as I've already booked a couple of rooms for later this year pre-cruise. The entire stay was a pleasant surprise!

Room Tip: Walk to Anthony's for dinner.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Sharon B
Waukesha, WI
Reviewed 6 April 2012

We booked this room for a night before we left on a cruise. We used the free airport shuttle to the hotel. There is not much to do around the hotel so we asked the staff for suggestions. They were very happy to give us some suggestions. They also helped us arrange transportation to the cruiseport and for trasportation after we returned to the airport. The rooms are very clean but I expected that being that it is a fairly new hotel. The only problem we had was the bed. The bed was rather firm and very uncomfortable for the wife and I. The next morning we went to the resturant for breakfast to find it full of people, mostly other cruisers. They told us it would be 30 min before we would have a seat unless we sat at the bar, which we took. The service was a little slow but that was expected with the crowd but the food was good. As a hotel to stay in Ft. Lauderdale for a fey days, probably not. But to stay if you are waiting on a cruise or a flight home, it is pretty good.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank cul8tr8320
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 April 2012

I want to thank the Crowne Plaza for the excellent service we recieved from our stay on March 23. We had lounged at the pool for the day and Andres had been taking care of us with refreshments. After our day basking in the sunshine we decided to have dinner at Kiki's. We requested Andres to serve us and what a great meal we had. Kudos to Andres and the Crowne Plaza. We will be back!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed 2 April 2012

Not knowing anything about Ft. Lauderdale, I chose this for the reviews & the free shuttle to and from airport and cruise terminal. My husband and I stayed pre-cruise. The hotel is relatively close to the terminal, you could see the stacks of the ships, but certainly not walking distance. The hotel itself is nice, clean, and the staff friendly and helpful. Almost everyone who is staying there is there for a cruise, which of course makes for fun conversation. It is in a very industrial area, car lots, empty lots and oil storage so don't expect ambiance. But, the rooms were very nice, large, modern and clean. The pool area is nice and the restaurant & bar was also nice, which is good, cause there is really not much of a choice. If you have a long lay-over, you might want something more beachy or have places to walk to, but for our purposes it was fine.

Room Tip: There really is no veiw, but if you look over the pool, that's something I guess.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank schmidtgirl
California
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Location is strange, building is strange looking looks like it may have been a public storge building in a prior life. I chose it due to the prox to the Broward Cty Conv Center and it was not over priced for the season, etc..I travel alot and cannot accept poor attitudes or the NO I cant attitude with hotel staff and I found this here as did my co workers. And I do not ever ask anything special or abnormal from any hotel staff. The rooms are fine and spacious, pool on the 5th floor seems fine- I will search a little more before the next event trip to FLL next year.

Room Tip: NO views to speak of so it does not matter
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank BiotechCalifornia
HIManagement84, Manager at Crowne Plaza Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port, responded to this review, 5 April 2012
We are very sorry that you experienced some issues with our staff. We care very much of what impression our guests take away from their visit with us. We take the time to read every posting and take them very seriously and can assure you, that we will be reviewing them with our team so we can continually improve our hotel. Thank you for your review, even though it was not a positive one , you took the time to write and we apreciate it. We hope we are able to welcome you back in the near future and turn around your impression of our hotel.