3,280 results
All reviewsacross the streetsuzettefloor to ceiling windowspool areacorner roomvalet parkingocean viewgalleria mallthe penthousevalet staffper daybonnet housesmall poolfort lauderdale beachbeach chairshigher floorlobby bar
Reviewed November 3, 2011

We stayed here last year during the boat show and thought the glitches were just because the hotel just opened, so we tried it again this year because the location is good.
Sheets were never changed. Room cleaning done mostly at night when you don't want to be disturbed. Needed a late check-out because of late flight and absolutely not even 30 min. grace period. No effort at front desk be helpful in any way. LASONYA, at front desk didn't appreciate the fact we were repeat customers or that we were customers at all. Just very unhelpful and short.

Room Tip: 1220 has great view, but still no changed sheets
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Mike W
BOceanGM, General Manager at Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2011

Dear Mike W,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay. I apologize that your sheets were not changed during your visit. We do change the sheets every three days as part of our Green program unless requested more often. I am also sorry a late checkout was not granted. I am troubled that my team did not make you feel more valued. I will use your feedback as a training opportunity and will address your issues promptly. I would like to point out that this hotel did not open until the end of January and was not opened during the past Boat Show. I hope you choose to try us again and would embrace an opportunity to speak with you personally.

Reviewed November 2, 2011

My husband & I stayed here for two nights, one before & one after a trip to the Bahamas, since we had a stop over. It is just as you see in the photo's. Very clean, very modern, beautiful full view of the ocean. We found the staff to be very helpful & friendly, too. To me it feels like a scaled back version of the W but for the price it's an excellent deal IMO. We enjoyed the restaurant Saia (sp?) here, too.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 1, 2011

...because this place stinks. The employees are dreadful , do not appreciate customers that have children, and this hotel is over-rated by a long-shot. The bathroom was dirty, and it was questionable if the sheets on the bed were even changed. I asked to have them changed and it never happened so we slept on towels and moved to another hotel. Just gross.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
9  Thank Daniel C

Dear Daniel C,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent visit with us. I am truly sorry that your experience was not as you expected. I would very much embrace the opportunity to speak with you personally to help me better understand what happened during your stay with us. I commit to addressing your issues and hope to have a chance to win you back.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

My boyfriend and I have recently visited the B Ocean Hotel. We were there for a birthday and stayed two nights in the Master Suite. Our room was never cleaned and we had even called the front desk when we left in the morning. We would never even begin to think and stay there again, but Nico the front desk manager that Sunday gave us personalized and exceptional service. We stated to him what we went through and he made it up times 10 and was very polite and accommodating. We will consider staying there again only because of him. I myself am in the hospitality career field and I've never had someone do what Nico did for us. He came to the room personally to apoligize for our troubles and deliver a sewing kit we had requested. He is definitely a top notch employee!

Room Tip: The Master Suite had a panoramic view of the water and sun rises were incredible.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Jessica L

Dear Jessica L,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding Nico's fantastic customer service. I am thrilled to read this and will be sure to recognize him for his efforts. I will also speak with him to better understand the details regarding your experience and ensure the appropriate training takes place. I am sorry that your visit was not perfect from the start and commit that your feedback will be used to help improve our services going forward. I hope you choose to come back soon and please reach out to me personally so I may introduce myself.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

Overall I did enjoy this hotel but probably not stay there again. First of all the staff were fabulous on the desk and restarants . I can't say enough about the asian one...some of besti have had. Prices in both restatrants were very good for the value. The pool area was nice too. The two complaints I have is (1) the gym was so small and actually dangerous. Beside 3 tread millls, one elliptical and one bike the only other , and I mean only piece of equipment was a cable machine that was in such bad shape I didn't use it as it was easy to get hurt. The cables were sticky and didnt even lower when you let go. I can't believe this day in age a new hotel would not have a well equiped gym. No towels, no weights and no water.. Second - there was hair all over our bathroom floor and shower from previous guest. I mentioned it to desk staff who said they would have the room refreshed- no sign this happened as was the same when we returned from dinner. The baseboards were dirty and for a hotel not even a year old I can't imagine what it will be like in 5 years. The beds were really nice and decor lovely. We got a deal at priceline so for what we paid it was good value.

Room Tip: if your room is no clean....demand it be recleaned
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family