3,283 results
All reviewsacross the streetsuzettefloor to ceiling windowspool areacorner roomvalet parkingocean viewgalleria mallthe penthousevalet staffper daybonnet housesmall poolfort lauderdale beachbeach chairshigher floorlobby bar
Reviewed April 15, 2016

My friend and I wanted to travel for a week and saw this great deal on this hotel the week we wanted to go down. We loved the stay! The hotel was clean, nice and the view was amazing and especially for the price we got it at! The only things that were disappointing were that the pool was small and not a lot of sunshine came through, the hotel had no microwave so heating up leftovers was a no, and the parking was none so you had to valet each day. These were small negatives for us because we just went to the beach everyday, we didn't eat our leftovers and we didn't bring a car with us but just thought that would have made the trip too expensive if we had a car. Overall, the view was the best part, the beds were so comfy and the service was very nice and accommodating when they can.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
eduardo f, General Manager at Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2016

Dear Mikaela H, thanks form your review. We have plenty of sunshine on our pool deck, as long as the sun is out! The daily parking fee is comparable to other full service hotels on the beach. I am happy to read that you enjoyed our great views, comfy beds and our friendly staff.

Reviewed April 14, 2016 via mobile

The hotel : just breathtaking views !!!! Lobby smells delightful yes an important detail, I felt good every time i stepped in and out ,
Staff: I used to not care about reviews about staff until I realized how of a huge difference it makes when you have front desk agent smiling at you and genuinely asking about your stay !!!
A humongous thank You to Heidi and my biggest gratitude to the breakfast Staff : Carey and the amazing Jackie who started off our days with the biggest smile and attentive care knowing her guests preferences in the blink of an eye :)
Just helping us create beautiful vacations memories of a lifetime with the perfect blue sky in the background
Thank you all and don't change a thing !

Stayed: April 2016
eduardo f, General Manager at Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2016

Dear Roxy S, thanks for sharing your review and for the kind words about Heidi, Carey and Jackie. Our staff does make the difference and loves to engage with our guests! Come back to visit us soon.

Reviewed April 12, 2016

I recently stayed at the Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach and can truly say that the experience was wonderful. I had the pleasure of meeting Susette at the Front Desk who provided excellent service. I had a problem with my Credit Card and had to speak with David in the accounting office. He immediately put me at ease and made me know things would have been taken care of. He went out of his way everything was taken care of to my satisfaction. These two employees are to be lauded for their rare service and genuine hospitality. I will be back as a result.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed April 12, 2016

this visit was my 4th visit within a two year time frame, and i will definitely make a fifth! My friends and I love the accommodations,staff,cleanliness and location. Directly across from the beach is a huge plus!. The food is also very good along with excellent service! Transportation options are great with access to the trolley, bus, cabs and within walking distance to many restaurants.The front desk staff is very helpful with booking activities and suggesting restaurants.

Room Tip: each room we stayed in per visit had great views & was quiet
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends

Dear phyllis g, many thanks for your review and more importantly for your loyalty. Looking forward to your fifth visit!

Reviewed April 11, 2016

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 1 day. We had a Premium King room with an Oceanic view. Overall it was very nice but a bit on the pricier side. Here is my regular pros and cons list:

Pros:
- Amazing views.
- Across the beach.
- Clean beach.
- Amazing cocktails at bar (mostly due to our VERY knowledgeable bartender Andy on Sunday nights)
- Gym.

Cons:
- No bathtub and the shower had a half door which meant I got a draft when I took a shower. I am not sure if the deluxe rooms have a bathtub but well worth the xtra money if you're staying longer.
- No minibar or refrigerator in room. It would be nice to be able to wake up with cold water and I didn't see an ice machine on our floor.
- Drinks at the poolside bar were more expensive than at the regular bar. We ordered a daiquiri and margarita for $30!
- Pool was on the small side, though heated, which was VERY nice considering the day we visited it was too windy for the beach.
- Valet was $34 a night.

If you plan it right you can make it work as long as you plan to spend your money in a smart way.

Room Tip: If they have a room with a bathtub get one and skip the drafty shower.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear mystyk78, thanks for sharing your detailled comments. Glad to see that Andie made a great impression. She is awesome! A few points of clarification: we do provide a fridge in each room (it is located in the closet). Ice machines are located on every other floor starting on the 4th floor and moving up).