“Not what you would expect from a fine dining establishment”
Review of Grille 66 & Bar

Grille 66 & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Grille 66 & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #50 of 1,488 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Price range: US$50 - US$350
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Property Hyatt Regency
Transit: Water Taxi and City Transit
Description: Uniquely the finest dining experience in Fort Lauderdale, where you can expect excellence in every respect. Combining breathtaking waterway views with a warm, upscale and inviting ambiance, unobtrusive service, exquisitely prepared cuisine and superb presentation.
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

My family dined here about 12 years ago and all that was remembered was wow delicious food, great spot on the water and perfect for any occasion. Not this time. Seems like management changed or was bought out by some large restaurant group. Steaks came out cold, shrimp was like rubber and the server never came back to check on us once the food was delivered. This was supposed to be a great time celebrating my parents anniversary. I should have dined at J. Alexander’s as the food and service is BEYOND AMAZING. I was going to go there originally, but decided to make an impression on my parents...what a waste and utter disappointment. By the time anyone came over we were already full. The assistant manager brought more shrimp...which were even more rubbery than the first! To top it all off my brothers steak came out RAW! Was ordered medium rare...the assistant manager came and said, “well you see, the bone is close the the meat so that’s how it’s supposed to be served.” WOW...not very knowledgeable, especially in an establishment of such...I hope management reads this and does something!!! I also see I’m not the only one who experienced what my family and I did!

Reviewed April 3, 2018

WE ate here when staying at Pier 66. Great food and service in a great location. Good menu and large portions.

Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

Ok, we were underdressed for this beautiful place (just got off the plane) but this was on our way to the hotel and got great reviews. The ambiance blew me away upon entry with the gorgeous dining room and amazing yacht views. We sat and the elegant waiter handed us the menus and took our drink order. This was a true waiter in the aristocratic sense, more like a butler. He took our orders without writing it down (we’ve had bad experiences with that in the past!) and treated us like royalty. He took so much pride in his work and was truly memorable. No small talk, all professional. Hubby ordered the pork chops which were absolute perfection. Words can’t describe how tender, juicy and well prepared they were. They were served with various types of whole peppers on and around them; it was a work of art. I ordered the tuna tartare appetizer and a salad. The tuna was plated absolutely beautifully and tasted even better. It had a creamy wasabi sauce to top it off and seaweed salad under it with a drizzle of ginger sauce around the side. It was served with these beautiful long chips, I think fried plantains but not sure. The salad had feta cheese and the smallest olives I’ve ever seen. It was dressed to perfection. Ohh, just writing about this meal brings a sense of fulfillment. We don’t dock a yacht there nor have an air of expectation, but this restaurant caters to the elite or a weary traveler alike. By far, this is a special occasion restaurant bringIng the best of food and service to your visit. Pricey but worth every dollar!

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed March 31, 2018 via mobile

We made reservations for an outdoor table but once we got there it was not honored. We had anticipated coming here based on write ups in different publications and so on.

This is no different than a Trulucks or Capitol Grille and I honestly feel the Aforementioned are better than here. while they try to do a fine dining service you have people in flip flops cover ups and really no dress code. The buss boy gathered our stuff as if he were working at Flannigans instead of here. The wine list is extensive and varied.

We ordered the scallops as an appetizer w polenta but these you could tell were frozen and they were raw inside. The polenta however was good.

For a meal we ordered the salmon- was good the couscous with veggies not so good recommend you choose a veggie instead. And also the snapper creole with plain white rice. Nothing to write home about.

Reviewed March 30, 2018 via mobile

Dreadful experience. A waiter that looked dumbfounded when asked to add crushed nuts to fish instead of (almost) whole nuts. An arrogant chef that refuses to cook to taste. An argumentative maitre’d that instigates arguments between customers and waitstaff. Other nearby diners complaining about food temperature (lack of it) and others sending food back due to dissatisfaction. What was one of the better restaurants for many years in the area is now a mess. They ought to restaff before they become one of the seceral restaurants that are now only a memory.

Date of visit: February 2018