All reviews room was clean waffle maker free breakfast hot tub nice pool housekeeping staff lauderdale ft rates
Reviewed April 4, 2017

First off they had no elevators so we had to carry all of our luggage (party of 4) upstairs. As we are walking in outside hallway we noticed a used condom on the ground so we reported it. It was still there hours later. Walked in our room and I wanted to cry. There was such a musty odor permeating thru the room. While in room I found 2 live bugs crawling on the floor so I checked thoroughly for more and luckily that was it. I didn't even want to sleep in the bed but I was exhausted. Went down to the area where they serve breakfast and I had the feeling like I was staying on skid row only a little cleaner. We reported all of this to the desk and it was like talking to the wall. The pool was our only salvation at that point. We stayed the one night and cancelled our 2nd night and made reservations elsewhere. Will never ever stay there again and don't recommend anyone unless all the hotels in Florida are booked. After complaining to the management we ended up getting our money back.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
LQ2032GM, Manager at La Quinta Inn Ft. Lauderdale Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2017

Thank you for your comments, we appreciate guest feedback as we use it to improve our property. I am very sorry about the experience you encountered during your stay. Finding other guest items that they did not dispose of properly is never a good thing. As mentioned in previous communication, we spoke to our staff about quick response to sensitive items such as this and apologize that it took so long to be resolved. We hope that you would think of La Quinta for future hotel stays.

Daniel V.
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed March 25, 2017

We stayed here one night before flying home. We thought since it was LaQuinta it would be a good hotel. Most of the rooms open up to the parking lot. Our first room evidently just had the carpets shampooed and they were soaking wet. Staff was fine in switching rooms. Next room was okay. Very close to a motel 6. People are extremely loud and this hotel is not in a great neighborhood. People were yelling and kids were running around until well after midnight. I would not stay here again. Send the extra bucks and stay somewhere else

Room tip: Don't stay here
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
LQ2032GM, Manager at La Quinta Inn Ft. Lauderdale Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2017

Gary-
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. We appreciate you choosing our property before flying home. As you noted, we are an exterior property and we have several rooms that face the parking lot. I apologize that the first room you received had recently had the carpet shampooed, we do try to make sure the carpets are cleaned regularly. I am happy to hear that our staff was able to switch you to a new room that met your needs. I also apologize for the noise of the kids, the past several weeks have been spring break here in Florida and we have done our best to manage them- including asking some to leave because of their actions. We hope that you would consider La Quinta again for your future visits to South Florida.

Daniel V.
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed March 25, 2017

Stay here all the time while in town on business. No problems, nice and clean, inside and out. Location is great for my purposes. I will continue to stay at this LaQuinta in the future. Breakfast is convenient and adequate. Thank you.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
LQ2032GM, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Ft. Lauderdale Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2017

We greatly appreciate you staying with us each time you are in town! Thanks so much for the nice review. See you on your next trip!

Reviewed March 19, 2017

This hotel is beginning to look a little tired and worn in its physical condition. We experienced loud noise from other rooms, a dog barking and someone smoking a cigar right outside our room. We were a party of 3 and room only had double beds which was not great. On the positive side the rate and the breakfast were good. Hotel was convenient for our purposes.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
LQ2032GM, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Ft. Lauderdale Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2017

Thanks for taking the time to send a review on your experience. We are hoping to be put on the list for future renovations here at the property. I apologize for the other inconveniences you encountered while here.

Sincerely

TC

Reviewed March 18, 2017 via mobile

Me and my dad rented a room before we went on a cruise. When I walked in I was impressed the rooms are huge for 144 a night. Our rooms were clean and smelled nice. Bed are soft and it's close to a million things to do and eat.

Trip type: Travelled with family
LQ2032GM, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Ft. Lauderdale Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2017

Thanks so much for your nice review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay.