and 1 more site!
Ranked #9 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Los Angeles
“Great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

More than likely, you're staying here because you're going on a cruise. Well, I have to say that this is one of the best places to stay for that pre-cruise night. I contacted the GM, Mr. David Blevins, several months before our stay and he was more than accommodating to the needs of my family. For that, I give them a 5 star rating. In addition, their free continental breakfast was pretty good considering all things too as they continually refreshed items despite how busy it was. They are very organized with their free shuttle service in the morning to the cruise port too. However, keep in mind the shuttle service is something you need to call or sign up for. (On a personal note, it was our mistake by not calling them as soon as we landed at FLL because I assumed their shuttles run continuously, so we stood there with everyone else at the hotel pick up curb at the airport when we should have called. So remember once you land, call them for shuttle pick up.)

The rooms were good, the bed was comfortable, and the bathroom was clean and had enough counter space, racks, and hooks. I like that they provide 2 queen beds, not 2 full size beds too, which comes in handy when traveling with a famliy.

Across the street, you have Wendys and McDonald's. You also have some Dollar stores for any amenities you might need as well.

Overall, everything was great. It was a fair price for the season. Yes, the free breakfast and free shuttle service are reasons enough to choose this hotel, but the customer service is what sets them apart from the others. The service from the GM, to our shuttle driver, to the front desk were all consistent and friendly and will make sure you enjoy your stay. I know I did!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank JulesInLa
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, 28 March 2012
Hello there JulesinLA! I wanted to Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! I have had so many wonderful guests over the last year tell me that they booked my hotel simply because of the great reviews that my hotel had on Trip Advisor! Your feedback is so important to our sucess! I am thrilled that you had a great experience with my employees and that they "WOW'ed you with GREAT Service! I tell my employees all the time.....a hotel is a hotel and a bed is a bed....what separates them....is the service we provide! I am also happy that you had a good experience with our shuttle service- we do our very best to get everyone picked up in time and to shuttle everyone over to the cruise port. Again, my personal thanks for taking the time to write a review- they are so appreciated! I want to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!
GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
Meridian, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

This was our 3rd stay before heading out to a cruise the next day. The hotel offers a shuttle to dinner and then on to the port the next day. Clean rooms, wonderful staff. Gets a little crowded and unorganized on cruise days, but you do get to the ship in plenty of time and with all your luggage. It is a riot to see how much luggage folks drag on with them. They offer a simple, nourishing breakfast before you depart. We will continue to stay here before future cruises out of Ft Lauderdale.

2 Thank PenguinLuver23
Greetings my California friends! I wanted to personally thank you for taking a moment to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We do appreciate hearing our guests feedback. I am very happy to hear that you were impressed with our clean rooms and you thought our staff was wonderful! Music to a GM's ears! And yes....it does get quite busy on a weekend morning...."Organized Chaos" is what I prefer to call it. We almost always have it under control....Shuttles organized every half hour and small wait lists for guests wanting to check in after getting off the ship. Our lobby filled with both groups....but we are professionals at this by now! We have it down to a science. Also I want to thank you for coming back to my hotel for a 3rd time! That means a lot to me. Thank you for your business!
I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!
Los Angeles, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

I have stayed at enough hotels like this to be both pleasantly surprised, and terribly disappointed. Fortunately, this hotel has left me the former.

Great airport pick up:
When you call for a van to pick you up from the airport, and they say 10 minutes, they mean it. 10 min later, I was picked up by a very cordial, professional driver in an EASY TO SPOT van (bright pink flamingos on top!). I wanted to tip him, but needed small change, and he was very nice, and said not to worry about it and that it was totally okay. He didn't make me feel cheap nor did he make me feel like I should just give him my $20. He was pleasant enough to make me want to go out of my way to find a way to tip him even more!

Check in was a cinch, even though I arrived at 11am (well before check in time). Very pleasant staff.

Free wifi, free breakfast a true plus!

Rooms:
Accommodations themselves were fine. Nothing too crazy, but it felt clean enough. Not spick and span clean, but clean. The walls in the hallway look a bit worn and scratched up. Presumably from large suitcases from all the cruisers coming in and out. Very comfortable sleep with a good air conditioner.

Value:
I stayed during the week (thus, NON-peak) and felt the value was quite good. (I paid $120 per night ballpark)... however, I know someone came in while I was in the lobby and they asked for a room for two nights: Thursday and Friday night. Well, the front desk said that Thursday night would be $129 but that Friday night would be $289. I don't think it's a good value at $289, but if they are asking this price, then every airport hotel in the area might, too, given the cruise season.

Pleasant staff:
It starts with the manager (on duty). David was spectacular and it seems to trickle down to the rest of the staff on duty as well. Very pleasant and very accommodating.

Location:
Location is fine depending on your needs. Not walking distance to much of anything but a strip mall and McD's, but very functional for out of town cruisers (near airport, near cruise ports, and they have shuttles to both). As compared to other possibilities, this is probably average.

They have a pool, but I did not use it.

Overall, the service and pleasant staff gave me reason to make what is a categorically otherwise 3 star hotel (at best) easily a 4 star rating on Trip Advisor.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, 5 April 2012
Hello there JLM2009! WOW! What a nice review! Thanks so much for taking the time to cover the important areas that most of my guests would want to know. I am thrilled that you were happy with the shuttle, the room being clean, and of course....THE SERVICE! The service is what separates most hotels whether you are 2 stars, 3 stars or 4 stars- and I have been blessed to have a great staff. I would love to personally welcome you back to my hotel on your next trip to SUNNY FLORIDA!

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2012

I was traveling with my daughter for a few days in Fort Lauderdale. I picked Hampton as it is the hotel we stay most of the time when we are on the road for comfort and price. It also featured free shuttle to/from airport. The overall experience was good. The staffs were very helpful and friendly. The breakfast lady was amazing. I asked for ice the first couple mornings and she brought me ice without being asked for the rest of the time we stayed. Drivers were also very informative. The staffs always tried their best to make our stay welcome. The room is clean though a little dated. I feel this hotel is very sufficient for short stay. I would definitely stay there again for future pre-cruise stay.

Travelers from Toronto, Canada

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, 26 March 2012
Greetings my Canadian Friends! Thank you so much for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor. We LOVE hearing from you! I am thrilled that you were impressed with my staff- especially Raquel- my breakfast attendant. She is a service superstar and always does her best to take care of our guests. You also mentioned good experiences with my drivers- so glad to hear it. Also thanks for mentioning that the room was clean....that is what we strive to offer....clean room , GREAT service, and hassle free shuttle to the port. I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next trip to SUNNY FLORIDA!

Fairbanks, Alaska
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

Stayed at this hotel one night before a cruise. Chose this hotel because it had free transportation to the port and Hampton Inn is usually a brand you can rely on. The hotel was more expensive then I usually pay but decided to try it. The hotel public areas were nice and seemed well kept. Our room was clean, large and comfortable. The bathroom was large and the shower was nice. There were however, ants in the bathroom on the shower floor, yuk. I didn't try the breakfast so I can't comment on that. There is no guest laundry in the hotel which seemed strange. You had to go across the street to the mall laundrymat to do your laundry. We had been travelling for a week before the cruise so it was an ammenitie that I needed. The transportation to the pier was a bit hectic and ran about an hour behind. We are flexible people and normally don't worry to much about the small stuff however, many people crowded into the lobby waiting for transport to their ships making it very difficult to even walk. The transportation guys were transporting two or three families at a time instead of getting one bus and putting everyone on it. It didn't make much sense to me other hotels that we have stayed at use buses and things go much smoother. Overall it wasn't an awful experience but I have had better. Based on the price and the ant problem I wouldn't stay again.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank havingfun42
Hello there.....and thanks for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor about my hotel. We do appreciate our guests feedback. It sounds like you enjoyed the hotel lobby and our public area and spoke highly of the rooms size and commented on it being clean. ( My sincere apologies for the Ants on the floor- we have a professional pest company to come out every month and rid our building of any possible critters- we usually have NO issues like this! I will call them immediately!) As far as the laundry on site....we are more of an overnight hotel before and after a cruise. We really dont have the demand for it- but remember right next door within walking distance is a coin operated laundry. Hopefully we can earn your business in the future.

Aurora, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

Friendly,helpful staff. Very clean, convenient to cruise terminal and airport. Love the free shuttle service. Will stay again.hope you make it your choice.

1 Thank Shelley R
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, 22 March 2012
Hello there my Canadian Friends! I truly appreciate you taking a moment to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor. We do appreciate your business! I am thrilled that you enjoyed the staff and thought they were very friendly and helpful! And thanks for saying that you would stay here again, that is the biggest compliment we can get. I would love to personally invite you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

Bozeman, Montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

We had a pretty long list of "wants" - we were arriving in the early evening prior to a cruise and wanted a decent location not far from airport and cruise terminal, a free shuttle from the airport, a free shuttle to the cruise port, and breakfast included. If this matches your list, stay here. And book early as it does fill up. As for dinner, absolutely do take the hotel/shuttle driver's advice and go to the little restaurant on the water they suggest - terrific food, lively, well priced and again, free shuttle! If you have more time and want to walk around and explore Fort Lauderdale, this is probably not the right place for you. Oh, and there is a little mini-mall with a grocery for anything you have forgotten and even a clothing store steps away from the hotel, so what more can you ask? Perfect!

Room Tip: We got a room with two king beds which also was large enough for a rollaway, so if you have a family...