“You're better off sleeping in your car” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crossland Economy Studios - Fort Lauderdale - Commercial Blvd.

and 1 more site!
Crossland Economy Studios - Fort Lauderdale - Commercial Blvd.
Ranked #124 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Tampa, Florida
“You're better off sleeping in your car”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2011

The biggest reason never to stay here is that I found a bed bug on my pillow in the morning. I took a picture of it and looked it up online to confirm it. Secondly, even though it was a non-smoking room, the odor of it having had smoke in it in the past was overwhelming. The area around it offers nothing - not even restaurants. There were 2 no-name places within 5 miles, otherwise it was all fast food. The office staff was pleasant but otherwise, I have nothing good to say about it. There wasn't a blanket on either bed - only a comforter and stained sheets. The beds were hard and there was noise throughout the whole night from people walking around and going up and down the stairs. We requested a late check-out of noon and at 11am sharp, they banged on the door loud enough to wake the dead. Even after telling them we had a late check-out, 5 minutes later someone else did the same thing. I definitely would never, ever stay here again.

Room Tip: Carefully read the reviews of past travelers!
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank IamMicheleY

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Brazil
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2011

if you're looking for a place b&b... has anything you need. Good value and quiet, not so clean but not dirty. the bed was clean, but the carpet was not that clean.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank kel_201085
SouthernBorn101
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2009

When we first got here, I showed the lady at the desk our reservation sheet . I showed that we reserved a room with a queen bed. She informed me that the price I paid was for a doule bed and that if we wanted a queen bed it would be an additional $10.00 per night. We decided to deal with the double bed and got our room keys. We get up to the room and find MANY DIGUSTING problems. There are very large stains on the carpet, there was feces on the roll of toilet paper, urine in the toilet and old food in the microwave. The cabinet doors are swollen and falling apart from getting wet. The shower has mold in it. When we arrived I asked what dishes were included in the room. We were told we should have 1 skillet, 1 pot, 2 dinner plates, 2 coffee mugs, 2 forks and 2 knives, and 2 glasses. Well we got to the room and there was no skillet or pot. I called down to the office and she said "Sorry we dont have any but when my security guard gets here at 11pm I will have him look in storage and see if we have any". Mind you this is at 630 in the evening. 90% of the people in this hotel live here full time. Outside our room there was an overflowing garbage can. I called down to ask them to empty it because it smelled horrible and it was all over the place and was told "They will empty it tomorrow night". I am very paranoid that my car will be gone in the morning when I get up. I wish there was a way to get my money back and go to another hotel but the front desk is refusing to do anything. When I asked to change rooms I was told there were no other rooms available.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank SouthernBorn101

Travellers are raving about these Fort Lauderdale hotels

Louisville, KY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2009

YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR....SOMETIMES. I had to sleep with a knife under my pillow because my sliding glass windows would not lock. There was no one on duty in the office at 11:00 p.m. when I checked in. I had to bang on doors, which finally aroused the "Security Officer". Luckily, he was able to check me in. The sheets were torn on my bed, the toilet "ran" all night, the dishes in the kitchenette had food/drink/lipstick stains on them.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled solo
4 Thank jcburnt
fcbmiami, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Fort Lauderdale - Commercial Blvd., responded to this review, 23 June 2009
"Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Crossland Fort Lauderdale - Commercial Blvd.. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

Let me assure you that your experience is certainly not typical, and that we have put in place measures to ensure that the type of stay you had won't be repeated. Again, I apologize and promise you that we are committed to your total satisfaction. If there is anything you would like to discuss further with me or our guest relations team, please don't hesitate to contact us by visiting our website and clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope you will give us the honor of having you as a guest again if future travels will bring you into our area."
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2009

Ok, I'll admit, it's not the Hilton but not as bad as what others were saying. We stayed here for the BCS Championship game, and it wasn't bad at all. The room was clean, service was good, and it was close to everything. My only complaint was that Ft. Lauderdale and the Miami area SUCK. There was no police presence in either city for the pregame festivities with the exception of those that were actually at the stadium.These two cities are nothing but trash and beggars, and have NO business hosting a high profile event like this one. In fact, we were supposed to stay for 5 nights, but cut our trip short to 2 because of the lack of safety of the surrounding areas. My advice is, if you absolutely must go to one of these two cites, you may want to pack some protection with you...but the hotel itself was just great for the price!

• Liked — Value, location
  • Disliked — The city it's in!
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Estes Park
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2008

I was meeting friends here who are from Spain. They had booked this on line from Spain -- and were truly disappointed and could not get out of the reservation. So I still joined them for 5 days of their stay in the states. The room was supposed to have maid service after 7 days --- never happened. One blanket had huge holes in it. There was a smell coming from the air vent in the bathroom -- solved that by crossing the street and buying some air freshener at the grocery store. Personnel at the desk were helpful -- but they seemed to have a different timetable for our needs than we did. Oh well -- just won't stay here again.

• Liked — It had beds.
  • Disliked — It never felt clean.
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank o2bnfr
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2008

Me and my father stayed at this Crossland Suites for an over night because we were staying at a crappy motel 6 and decided to stay somewhere else. This hotel was better. We checked in and the lobby was real small but ok. We asked where the pool was and they said "Sorry, we don't have a pool but feel free to use the pond in the back" Hah, that pond was full of alligators and it was in the bushes. So we went up to our room (239) and it had 1 double bed and a small kitchenette, but only had 2 towels. So I went to ask the maid for some towels and was the most rudest person, she said "Go to the front desk and give them your dirty towels with an attitude", that was just ridiculous when had just arrived. So I went back to the room and just said forget about the towels, so we went to the Hard Rock Casino to use the pool. It is a fine hotel but it needs more things like a pool and a free breakfast. I would only stay again if I had to but there are other better hotels in the area!

• Liked — The room was ok
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Stayed April 2006