New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices
Crossland Economy Studios - Fort Lauderdale - Commercial Blvd.
Ranked #123 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Orlando, Florida
“Not bad, just OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2008

Me and my father stayed at this Crossland Suites for an over night because we were staying at a crappy motel 6 and decided to stay somewhere else. This hotel was better. We checked in and the lobby was real small but ok. We asked where the pool was and they said "Sorry, we don't have a pool but feel free to use the pond in the back" Hah, that pond was full of alligators and it was in the bushes. So we went up to our room (239) and it had 1 double bed and a small kitchenette, but only had 2 towels. So I went to ask the maid for some towels and was the most rudest person, she said "Go to the front desk and give them your dirty towels with an attitude", that was just ridiculous when had just arrived. So I went back to the room and just said forget about the towels, so we went to the Hard Rock Casino to use the pool. It is a fine hotel but it needs more things like a pool and a free breakfast. I would only stay again if I had to but there are other better hotels in the area!

• Liked — The room was ok
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Stayed April 2006
      Location
      Check-in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JM11traveler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
San Francisco
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2008

After discovering from Priceline that this was going to be my hotel for a week, I looked up for reviews and started to get nervous. Reviews indicated that this hotel stay was going to be horrible. Turns out my stay wasn't bad at all. A few adjustments here and there and I didn't have any significant issues. The fact is I got the room for real cheap and I wasn't expecting much. At times there were really strong smoking fumes in the room, but I soon discovered that the fumes come from the bathroom ceiling vent. So turning on the vent fan and keeping the bathroom door closed solved that problem. No big deal. To eliminate the possibility of disrupting phone calls I just unplugged the phone during my whole stay. Once again; no big deal. The facility is located at a major traffic intersection so there is a lot of traffic noise coming from outside. All I did to eliminate that was run the air conditioning fan all night and it muffled it all out so I could sleep just fine (I'm a light sleeper). Everything else was just fine. The customer service was fine and I didn't have any trouble with anyone.

The community region where the hotel is located is a cuban/black community so if you're not comfortable with that you may feel nervous. No big deal for me. However, I AM a 24 year old male with a muscular stature so I don't feel threatened when I suddenly become a minority. I traveled alone, and relied entirely on the bus system to travel. Had I been in possession of a car, I would not have left my automobile in the parking lot. There is some evening noise from people in the parking lot during some nights, but I didn't have anything to worry about out there. Overall my stay was just fine. The rooms are all insulated well from one another and the only noise you ever hear is from people in the parking lot or the traffic. It's definitely a 1 star hotel but for the cheap price I got it I wouldn't expect anything fancy (when I say fancy I mean like a 2.5 star hotel). The place looks a bit intimidating at first because of the community, but if you keep to yourself you shouldn't have any trouble. I give this rating 3 stars because it's what I expected to get for what I paid. All I needed was a room with a fridge, microwave, bed, and bathroom. That's precisely what I got. I felt reasonably safe and secure there. I don't care that room service is only once a week. In fact, I kind of prefer that. If you need anything, you just get it from the front office. No big deal. I liked how there was a grocery store just on the other side of the intersection and the bus line runs right next to the hotel. It worked out perfect for me. If you're worried about your stay, don't be. I was at first after reading other reviews, but after being there for a day or so I soon realized there wouldn't be any problems for me during my stay.

• Liked — Low price
  • Disliked — Community
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled on business
      Location
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Check-in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank ToniPortray
Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2007

We got to the motel and went to check in. The 2 black women said check in wasn't until 3pm and to wait. We went outside, looked at the clock, and it was only 5 minutes till 3! They wouldn't let us go to our room 5 minutes early! So about 20 min. later we went back to check in and the 2 women said to hold on that they were busy. We waited for 10 min. at the counter and they were still too busy. All they were doing was looking at something on the computer! We decided to grab something to eat at Burger King which was really close by. My boyfriend ordered a sandwich. We got back to the hotel and he opened the sandwich and the workers had put the veggies and sauce on the sandwich, but no meat! There were black people everywhere and they were very racist and mean to us. So we finally went to check into the hotel again and it was about 4pm. The ladies were still busy and then finally when they had time to check us in, the lady started screaming "Hello! Hello! Hello! Hello!" to us in a very rude manner! When we finally got to the room it was nice and there was a stove, mini fridge, and microwave there and it was clean, but it didn't make up for how terrible we were treated.

Stayed December 2006
3 Thank BenniesBabe
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2006

I had booked this hotel for a week with Priceline [ during Xmas}. I went to go check the place out. I would not stay there under any circumstances .Even though we had prepaid in full....no way. I had read the previous reviews and even called the hotel and was told "there have been problems here but I am the new manager and I would stay here." The staff were totally unprofessional. The elevator was not in good working order, the fire extinguisher case was smashed, the door lock was broken, garbage was everywhere, the floors were black and more. I even took pictures of yhe garbage. THe smoke smell in the elevator was totally disgusting. This place should be taken off Pricelines list and any other tourist puplication. I am going to fight for a refund and plan to get one. The room is so tiny that I would have preferred staying in a car. Do not stay at this hotel.

• Stayed December 2005
9 Thank gayle727

Travellers are raving about these Fort Lauderdale hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2005

The customer service was rude and not friendly. The rooms were supposed to be non smoking and they smell like cigratte. We had two rooms. The first one the toilet was backed up and the fire alarm was on the bed. We had problems getting in both rooms. They have no one at the front office after 11 pm because they are closed. I would never stay here again.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Bow, WA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2005

This was probably the dirtiest hotel/motel I have ever experienced. We stayed there in April 2005. My husband was on a job in Fort Lauderdale and his company put him up there. My daughter and I flew in for Spring break (thinking what a great idea it would be to have a free hotel.) The sheets were torn, grey and stained as were the mattresses. There were unspeakable and unidentifiable remains on the bed frame along the side of and at the top of the bed. We did not even have a bar of soap in our bathroom. You could not walk barefoot on the carpet (if you did the water would run black in the shower). We were at the back of the hotel and it was surprisingly quiet, however my husband's co-workers amused themselves watching people carrying car parts in and out of the rooms late at night. After staying four nights I decided that a free room was NOT worth it, so we found a wonderful place (and CLEAN) on the beach for not much more money. The night after we moved we were told by coworkers that there was a police raid outside our room. People were handcuffed in the parking lot, children were removed from their mothers, etc. If you can't find any other place to stay in Fort Lauderdale, don't go!

• Stayed April 2005
3 Thank WashState
Arnold, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2005

Our family (2 adults, 2 sons) stayed at the Crosslands for a weekend because it was close to the Spring Training stadium and it was affordable for a family traveling 'in season.' The problems are almost too numerous to mention. First, if you book online, you will find that the 'hotel' pictured is not actually the Commercial Blvd property. This one is a motel, with outside access to rooms from balconies. Second, there is no housekeeping service for stays of less than four nights; a fact which somehow never appears in the ads. If you want to pay a hotel room and then take out your own trash, carry towels to and from the front desk, and make your own beds... this is your place. There is nothing provided beyond a bar of soap in the bathroom, so bring all your own toiletries. The room stank of cigarettes so badly that we had to wash even our unused clothing when we got home, and leave our suitcase out to air. The group of rowdies next door to us played music and partied all night, and all the management did was ask them, one time, to turn it down. A letter to the central management company has gained me an apology and, in lieu of my requested refund, certificates for two free nights at their properties. No thanks!

• Stayed March 2005
Clarion Inn Fort Lauderdale
#64 of 127 in Fort Lauderdale
1.4 km away
La Quinta Inn Ft. Lauderdale Tamarac East
La Quinta Inn Ft. Lauderdale Tam...
#108 of 127 in Fort Lauderdale
Comfort Inn
#79 of 127 in Fort Lauderdale
11.3 km away
Rodeway Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport Port Everglades Cruise Port
Rodeway Inn & Suites Fort Lauder...
#59 of 127 in Fort Lauderdale

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Fort Lauderdale - Commercial Blvd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Crossland Economy Studios - Fort Lauderdale - Commercial Blvd.

Property: Crossland Economy Studios - Fort Lauderdale - Commercial Blvd.
Address: 3031 W Commercial Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309-3504
Region: United States > Florida > Broward County > Fort Lauderdale
Business Centre with Internet Access Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Suites Wheelchair access
Ranked #123 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Hotel Class:2 star — Crossland Economy Studios - Fort Lauderdale - Commercial Blvd. 2*
Welcome to Crossland Studios - Ft. Lauderdale - Commercial Blvd. We are within walking distance to several different dining and shopping options. Our property is 12 miles away from the Ft. Lauderdale Convention Center and 13 miles from the Ft. Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport. Our hotel is designed especially for longer stays with studios featuring kitchens or kitchenettes and plenty of work space. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, Priceline and Expedia so you can book your Crossland Economy Studios - Fort Lauderdale - Commercial Blvd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Crossland Economy Suites Commercial Boulevard Hotel Fort Lauderdale