“DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crossland Economy Studios - Fort Lauderdale - Commercial Blvd.

and 1 more site!
Crossland Economy Studios - Fort Lauderdale - Commercial Blvd.
Ranked #123 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
SouthernBorn101
“DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2009

When we first got here, I showed the lady at the desk our reservation sheet . I showed that we reserved a room with a queen bed. She informed me that the price I paid was for a doule bed and that if we wanted a queen bed it would be an additional $10.00 per night. We decided to deal with the double bed and got our room keys. We get up to the room and find MANY DIGUSTING problems. There are very large stains on the carpet, there was feces on the roll of toilet paper, urine in the toilet and old food in the microwave. The cabinet doors are swollen and falling apart from getting wet. The shower has mold in it. When we arrived I asked what dishes were included in the room. We were told we should have 1 skillet, 1 pot, 2 dinner plates, 2 coffee mugs, 2 forks and 2 knives, and 2 glasses. Well we got to the room and there was no skillet or pot. I called down to the office and she said "Sorry we dont have any but when my security guard gets here at 11pm I will have him look in storage and see if we have any". Mind you this is at 630 in the evening. 90% of the people in this hotel live here full time. Outside our room there was an overflowing garbage can. I called down to ask them to empty it because it smelled horrible and it was all over the place and was told "They will empty it tomorrow night". I am very paranoid that my car will be gone in the morning when I get up. I wish there was a way to get my money back and go to another hotel but the front desk is refusing to do anything. When I asked to change rooms I was told there were no other rooms available.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank SouthernBorn101

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Louisville, KY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2009

YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR....SOMETIMES. I had to sleep with a knife under my pillow because my sliding glass windows would not lock. There was no one on duty in the office at 11:00 p.m. when I checked in. I had to bang on doors, which finally aroused the "Security Officer". Luckily, he was able to check me in. The sheets were torn on my bed, the toilet "ran" all night, the dishes in the kitchenette had food/drink/lipstick stains on them.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled solo
4 Thank jcburnt
fcbmiami, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Fort Lauderdale - Commercial Blvd., responded to this review, 23 June 2009
"Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Crossland Fort Lauderdale - Commercial Blvd.. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

Let me assure you that your experience is certainly not typical, and that we have put in place measures to ensure that the type of stay you had won't be repeated. Again, I apologize and promise you that we are committed to your total satisfaction. If there is anything you would like to discuss further with me or our guest relations team, please don't hesitate to contact us by visiting our website and clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope you will give us the honor of having you as a guest again if future travels will bring you into our area."

Travellers are raving about these Fort Lauderdale hotels

Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2009

Ok, I'll admit, it's not the Hilton but not as bad as what others were saying. We stayed here for the BCS Championship game, and it wasn't bad at all. The room was clean, service was good, and it was close to everything. My only complaint was that Ft. Lauderdale and the Miami area SUCK. There was no police presence in either city for the pregame festivities with the exception of those that were actually at the stadium.These two cities are nothing but trash and beggars, and have NO business hosting a high profile event like this one. In fact, we were supposed to stay for 5 nights, but cut our trip short to 2 because of the lack of safety of the surrounding areas. My advice is, if you absolutely must go to one of these two cites, you may want to pack some protection with you...but the hotel itself was just great for the price!

• Liked — Value, location
  • Disliked — The city it's in!
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Estes Park
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2008

I was meeting friends here who are from Spain. They had booked this on line from Spain -- and were truly disappointed and could not get out of the reservation. So I still joined them for 5 days of their stay in the states. The room was supposed to have maid service after 7 days --- never happened. One blanket had huge holes in it. There was a smell coming from the air vent in the bathroom -- solved that by crossing the street and buying some air freshener at the grocery store. Personnel at the desk were helpful -- but they seemed to have a different timetable for our needs than we did. Oh well -- just won't stay here again.

• Liked — It had beds.
  • Disliked — It never felt clean.
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled with friends
1 Thank o2bnfr
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2008

Me and my father stayed at this Crossland Suites for an over night because we were staying at a crappy motel 6 and decided to stay somewhere else. This hotel was better. We checked in and the lobby was real small but ok. We asked where the pool was and they said "Sorry, we don't have a pool but feel free to use the pond in the back" Hah, that pond was full of alligators and it was in the bushes. So we went up to our room (239) and it had 1 double bed and a small kitchenette, but only had 2 towels. So I went to ask the maid for some towels and was the most rudest person, she said "Go to the front desk and give them your dirty towels with an attitude", that was just ridiculous when had just arrived. So I went back to the room and just said forget about the towels, so we went to the Hard Rock Casino to use the pool. It is a fine hotel but it needs more things like a pool and a free breakfast. I would only stay again if I had to but there are other better hotels in the area!

• Liked — The room was ok
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Stayed April 2006
1 Thank JM11traveler
San Francisco
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2008

After discovering from Priceline that this was going to be my hotel for a week, I looked up for reviews and started to get nervous. Reviews indicated that this hotel stay was going to be horrible. Turns out my stay wasn't bad at all. A few adjustments here and there and I didn't have any significant issues. The fact is I got the room for real cheap and I wasn't expecting much. At times there were really strong smoking fumes in the room, but I soon discovered that the fumes come from the bathroom ceiling vent. So turning on the vent fan and keeping the bathroom door closed solved that problem. No big deal. To eliminate the possibility of disrupting phone calls I just unplugged the phone during my whole stay. Once again; no big deal. The facility is located at a major traffic intersection so there is a lot of traffic noise coming from outside. All I did to eliminate that was run the air conditioning fan all night and it muffled it all out so I could sleep just fine (I'm a light sleeper). Everything else was just fine. The customer service was fine and I didn't have any trouble with anyone.

The community region where the hotel is located is a cuban/black community so if you're not comfortable with that you may feel nervous. No big deal for me. However, I AM a 24 year old male with a muscular stature so I don't feel threatened when I suddenly become a minority. I traveled alone, and relied entirely on the bus system to travel. Had I been in possession of a car, I would not have left my automobile in the parking lot. There is some evening noise from people in the parking lot during some nights, but I didn't have anything to worry about out there. Overall my stay was just fine. The rooms are all insulated well from one another and the only noise you ever hear is from people in the parking lot or the traffic. It's definitely a 1 star hotel but for the cheap price I got it I wouldn't expect anything fancy (when I say fancy I mean like a 2.5 star hotel). The place looks a bit intimidating at first because of the community, but if you keep to yourself you shouldn't have any trouble. I give this rating 3 stars because it's what I expected to get for what I paid. All I needed was a room with a fridge, microwave, bed, and bathroom. That's precisely what I got. I felt reasonably safe and secure there. I don't care that room service is only once a week. In fact, I kind of prefer that. If you need anything, you just get it from the front office. No big deal. I liked how there was a grocery store just on the other side of the intersection and the bus line runs right next to the hotel. It worked out perfect for me. If you're worried about your stay, don't be. I was at first after reading other reviews, but after being there for a day or so I soon realized there wouldn't be any problems for me during my stay.

• Liked — Low price
  • Disliked — Community
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank ToniPortray
Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2007

We got to the motel and went to check in. The 2 black women said check in wasn't until 3pm and to wait. We went outside, looked at the clock, and it was only 5 minutes till 3! They wouldn't let us go to our room 5 minutes early! So about 20 min. later we went back to check in and the 2 women said to hold on that they were busy. We waited for 10 min. at the counter and they were still too busy. All they were doing was looking at something on the computer! We decided to grab something to eat at Burger King which was really close by. My boyfriend ordered a sandwich. We got back to the hotel and he opened the sandwich and the workers had put the veggies and sauce on the sandwich, but no meat! There were black people everywhere and they were very racist and mean to us. So we finally went to check into the hotel again and it was about 4pm. The ladies were still busy and then finally when they had time to check us in, the lady started screaming "Hello! Hello! Hello! Hello!" to us in a very rude manner! When we finally got to the room it was nice and there was a stove, mini fridge, and microwave there and it was clean, but it didn't make up for how terrible we were treated.

Stayed December 2006
#77 of 127 in Fort Lauderdale
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,282 reviews
1.4 km away
La Quinta Inn Ft. Lauderdale Tamarac East
La Quinta Inn Ft. Lauderdale Tam...
#109 of 127 in Fort Lauderdale
4.1 km away
Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - Andrews Ave.
Extended Stay America - Fort Lau...
#103 of 127 in Fort Lauderdale
1.6 km away
Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Tamarac
3.4 km away
La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft Lauderdale Cypress Creek
La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft Lauder...
#86 of 127 in Fort Lauderdale
8.5 km away
Clarion Inn Fort Lauderdale
Clarion Inn Fort Lauderdale
#61 of 127 in Fort Lauderdale

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Fort Lauderdale - Commercial Blvd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Crossland Economy Studios - Fort Lauderdale - Commercial Blvd.

Property: Crossland Economy Studios - Fort Lauderdale - Commercial Blvd.
Address: 3031 W. Commercial Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309
Region: United States > Florida > Broward County > Fort Lauderdale
Business Centre with Internet Access Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Suites Wheelchair access
Ranked #123 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Hotel Class:2 star — Crossland Economy Studios - Fort Lauderdale - Commercial Blvd. 2*
Welcome to Crossland Studios - Ft. Lauderdale - Commercial Blvd. We are within walking distance to several different dining and shopping options. Our property is 12 miles away from the Ft. Lauderdale Convention Center and 13 miles from the Ft. Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport. Our hotel is designed especially for longer stays with studios featuring kitchens or kitchenettes and plenty of work space. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity.ca, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Crossland Economy Studios - Fort Lauderdale - Commercial Blvd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Crossland Economy Suites Commercial Boulevard Hotel Fort Lauderdale