I searched all hotels in the Fort Lauderdale area prior to our Feb 14, 2012 cruise. Had it narrowed down to 3 and chose the Hampton Inn based on the positive reviews. We flew in a day early for our Valentine Cruise on the Carnival Miracle. I thought there was airport shuttle to the hotel but not. They have free shuttle back to the airport. So it was a 25.00 taxi ride for 4 of us including tip. The hotel lobby was very nice and open, looked very clean. Our check in was very speedy and Kelly was the most helpful person behind the counter. She gave us info on tours, places to see and go and places to eat at. There is a free downtown trolly that will pick you up and take you to downtown, about 6 blocks. You can walk too. We ate at the Cheesecake factory for lunch. For supper we walked 5 blocks to an Irish pub, Maguries Hill 16. Good Irish food and drink.
Keep aware of your surrounding at night. Nothing happened but was very deserted and dark.
The next morning we had the complementary breakfast. It was excellent. Lot's to choose from. Fresh fruits, hot and cold cereal, eggs, sausage, toast, bagels, make your own waffles, muffins. They even have a to go bag at the front desk for anyone unable to eat in. It had a bottle of water, and apple, Kellogg cereal bar, and a muffin.
The hit of the trip was the free shuttle to the cruise port. Our driver was the funniest guy in the world. We were cracking up the whole trip. We purchased the $10.00 return trip from Port everglades to the airport from the shuttle driver. Our cruise was a Tuesday departure, so we were the only ship leaving, so compared to the hectic Saturday and Sunday departure/arrivals, ours was very low key and easy.
If you are going on a cruise form Port Everglades, check out this Hampton Inn. We will use it again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dynamically located in the heart of Fort Lauderdale exciting downtown district, easy access to Las Olas shopping and entertainment district, Port Everglades, Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood Int'l Airport and beaches. We feature 156 appointed guestrooms featuring FREE HIGH-SPEED internet access, FREE HOT BREAKFAST, FREE local calls, FREE parking w/gated & covered parking available, in-room safe, refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, hairdryer, iron/ironing board, 2 telephones w/voice mail, TV w/extended cable, business center, outdoor pool/whirlpool, exercise room, convenience store, coin laundry, hospitality suite, and meeting facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity.ca, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale /Downtown Las Olas Area, FL. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Downtown - City Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Hampton Inn City Center
- Fort Lauderdale Hampton Inn