Aside from it being in a rough part of town and being run down and not very clean, the staff is very unhelpful. We stayed at this location because of its location in respect to the venue we were visiting that evening. It turned out to be a big mistake and cost me a lot more than the alrady high rate of $250 per night. We checked a bag in their "secured" closet and recieved a claim check for the bag. When we returned to get our bag, they didn't have it, it had been stolen by "an undisclosed third party" and hotel policy is not to compensate the guests for their loss. Apparently they turned it over to their insurance company who denied the claim, saying it was a "no fault" occurance. The hotel, after about 10 phone calls compensated us by crediting our night stay, but I am personally out $900, $250 of which has been credited back to my credit card, but the hotel is refusing to compensate me further. They did, however compensate the owner of the bag for about half of the value of what he lost. Overall we are still out over $1000 in missing items and the hotel has no plans of helping us further. I then contacted corporate, they tried to get the hotel to do more, but had no luck. They offered me one night at a Hampton of my choice and said there is nothing else they can do. Even at $250 for the addtl night, I'm out $400 still and the owner of the bag is still out over $400 as well, and now will not get anything further. I don't know how they think this is fair or how they think it is good business practice, I will Never stay at a Hampton or Hilton ever again in my lifetime, there are a lot of other options, much better options than Hampton/Hilton. They have lost my business forever.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dynamically located in the heart of Fort Lauderdale exciting downtown district, easy access to Las Olas shopping and entertainment district, Port Everglades, Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood Int'l Airport and beaches. We feature 156 appointed guestrooms featuring FREE HIGH-SPEED internet access, FREE HOT BREAKFAST, FREE local calls, FREE parking w/gated & covered parking available, in-room safe, refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, hairdryer, iron/ironing board, 2 telephones w/voice mail, TV w/extended cable, business center, outdoor pool/whirlpool, exercise room, convenience store, coin laundry, hospitality suite, and meeting facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity.ca, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale /Downtown Las Olas Area, FL. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Downtown - City Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Hampton Inn City Center
- Fort Lauderdale Hampton Inn