“Poor”

Cuisines: Seafood, Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed May 13, 2018 via mobile

Having dinner with friend and everything was going good until the manager brought the check and said he needed the table - we left very empty and disappointed - would never go back. Also, after spending a great deal of time in Spain this would have never happened there.

Joey E, Owner at Cafe Seville, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2018

Richard,
I’m sorry to hear that you are upset, but we are a small family run restaurant with limited space and with over 120 reservations last Saturday night, we simply can only hold a table for 2.5 hours so as not to impact those reservations later in the night. I distinctly remember coming by your table several times during your meal and you assured me that everything was satisfactory. But if we want to stay successful and fulfill reservation promises, some booked weeks in advance, we simply cannot hold tables indefinitely. This is simply a rule of our business, one that we sometimes must adhere to, especially at peak hours (approx 8:00pm) on the busiest night of the week (Saturday). It’s nothing personal, and I am truly sorry to hear that it had such an impact on your experience at our restaurant.

Reviewed April 29, 2018 via mobile

Lunch was a pleasure and the food was delectable. As the wine ordered was not available an Albariño was recommended and hit the spot. Could not as for a more amenable setting nor better service. A favorite and will continue to be
The gazpacho is mouth watering and the mussels were fresh, tasty and delicious.
Worth a visit for either lunch or dinner

Joey E, Owner at Cafe Seville, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2018

From everyone here at Cafe Seville, your kind words are greatly appreciated. Thank you for your business!

Glad the Albarino hit the spot!

Joey & Salle

Reviewed April 20, 2018 via mobile

We have passed by the restaurant many times over the years. We finally stopped by. It is quaint and service is friendly and on point. They have an extensive menu. I tried a veal disk called Tarena Jacobo as I recall and it was veal cutlets with manchego cheese and Serrano ham. It was very good but also very rich. It came smothered in mushrooms and was a hearty meal with deep flavor. Started with muscles in a garlic, wine and tomato sauce which was very good and slightly spicy. My wife had a chicken dish also with mushrooms and the chicken was cooked perfectly.its a nice smaller restaurant that is enjoyable.

Joey E, Owner at Cafe Seville, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2018

Just wanted to drop you a line to thank you for your wonderful review and for stopping in to see us. From everyone here at Cafe Seville, we sincerely appreciate your feedback. So glad you enjoyed the special Tarena Jacobo!

Thanks again, and hope to see you again soon.

Joey Esposito

Reviewed April 9, 2018

Before writing this review I scanned the reviews of other diners. I focused on the negative. I do this whenever I enjoyed the restaurant. It’s important to know what negatives I might have missed. One reviewer complained that the food was mediocre. Really? Try the Blue Moon Fish on W. Tradewinds Avenue. That’s mediocre! Another visitor bemoaned that the décor is dark and small. I could understand how this place might feel too small for someone. It did not feel small to us, although we eat out a lot, not only in the US but all over the world including Michelin starred restaurants.
I think it is only fair that out of 400 reviews the whopping 74% find this restaurant excellent. We were certainly impressed. Their paella was fluffy and rich with saffron, just as we had it once at El Caldero in Madrid. Their Baby Lamb Chops were plump, juicy, with garlic, rosemary and other delicious herbs. But you have to try their branzino. I love this Mediterranean fish. I tried it baked in salt, pan fried, sautéed with green olives, but I have never tried it the way they serve it at Café Seville. Excellent! Compliments to the Chef!
I agree with those who felt that the location of this superb restaurant is not the best. Indeed. However, in the dynamic Ft. Lauderdale the commercial plazas come and go. Considering the dubious location it is actually gratifying to know that people recognize quality. We liked this restaurant so much that we came back again on Monday night and found it fully packed at 6:30.

Gregory,
Reading your review just made my day. You have a way with words sir! Thank you so much for taking the time to write it. We don't take it for granted and want you to know that we sincerely appreciate it. Hope to see you again soon.

Joey Esposito

Reviewed April 5, 2018 via mobile

6 of us had lunch and it was great. From the service to the quaint decor to the menu being written on a chalk board. One had Branzino with crab, lemon butter sauce - excellent; two had snapper in don Carlos sauce - excellent, and two had bouillabaisse - very good to excellent, the sautéed chicken over rice (for the one preferring a non-fish entree) - excellent. All lunches come with soup or (a great, simple) salad. Enjoyed sangria and a couple Estrellas as well. Despite no ocean view, one of the best lunches ever in the 8 years we’ve been spending time in The area.