“Great value”
Review of Fala Hotel

Fala Hotel
Ranked #45 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 15 February 2012

Small room with a kitchenette, hardwood floor, was not sure if it was clean, outdated kitchen and bathroom need some renovations. No WIFI reception, at least there was no signal in our suite. Super cool location near the beach and tins of restaurants. Fast check in and fast check out.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank K L

Reviewed 31 January 2012

Loved my stay and would highly recommend! My girlfriend and I stayed in the honeymoon suite. Great location, great room, and very affordable. Dave at the front desk was VERY kind and helpful. All the activities of the Ft. Lauderdale beach area are in walking distance- This is just as close as the Ritz without paying for Ritz prices. I will definitely stay here again.

If staying here before a cruise, you can take a 50 cent trolley to and from the cruise ports. Taking a cab here from the airport, make sure they take A1A ($22 ish), NOT US-1 like they will try to convince you because it will cost you more and is not as scenic a drive. Make sure to go to Casablanca cafe just around the corner, and in the central beach area (where the CVS and Sonic are) you can find info on tours. The Alligator tour on a swamp boat is a fun one.

Room Tip: The honeymoon suite is a nice one.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Chris M
Reviewed 24 January 2012

Fort Lauderdale was the last stop on our trip, and I wrote the reviews chronologically. Yet, what drove me to share my feedback on TripAdvisor about my trip was to retribute and congratulate David and Zeddie, and to share with you all what a magnificent time we had at the Seville. So I could say that I was saving the best for last.

My partner and I had been travelling 15 days through the Soutwest and Yellowstone, on a really intense trip. So we had booked 5 days in Florida to rest, before heading back home.

We were looking for a clean place, close to the beach. Quiet. As decently priced as possible.

After much investigation and considerations before departuring from home, we took our chances with the Seville. We were more than pleased. We stood there from Sep-9th through 12th.

The Seville is located half a block away from the beach. So there´s no need to drive or get a bus to get to the beach. Even more, it is almost in front of the gay friendly Sebastian beach.

There is a Starbucks in the corner too. And many bars and restaurants within walking distance, or nearby. It is also very close to the Sunrise Boulevard, which takes you straight into SawGrass Mall.

The Seville has parking lots in front of the hotel, so if the hotel is not too booked, you can park the car right in front of the hotel... for free!!

The hotel is not fancy, neither a new building. Just a somehow old property, 2 storeys high, no elevator. Our room was in the first floor, with the windows facing the outside corridor. The room was spacious, and although it was just 2 of us, it had a double bed plus a single on. It also had a fridge and a table with 2 chairs. The air conditioning was efficient and quiet. And there was a fan ceilling too. The room had very spacious closets too. The bathroom was outdated (and probably from the original construction, but it was spacious and everything worked perfectly). The room was clean when we checked in, and stayed clean all through our stay. We had terrific sleep every night, and never had a problem when we used the bathroom.

Our goal in Fort Lauderdale was to relax on the beach, do some shopping and tourism. So we were only at the hotel to take a shower, to take nap or to sleep at night. We were not looking for special amenities or luxuries. Just a clean place to crash, which provide easy access to the locations we wanted to visit. The Seville fit our expectations perfectly.

They do not offer breakfast. And it is a shame that the room did not have a coffee pot. It is a pretty unexpensive appliance that can provide unbelivable value to any customer. Specially considering that the room already had a table and a fridge. The only thing missing to have breakfast was a coffee pot. Please add it and it will be heaven! (maybe if you request it in advance, they can fit the room with one).

David and Zeddie were friendly, warm and helpful whenever they could. Thanks so much!

The hotel does not have an ice machine. But David indicated to us that we could use the one from their sister hotel (Seaside Motel), located one and a half block away. Which we did everyday, without problems.

Summarizing, we had a great stay, and we will definetively go back there again on our next stay in Florida.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Marcos V
Reviewed 23 January 2012

My husband and I stayed her one night before our cruise. The room was very spacious and clean. It is close to many great restaurants and bars and the beach. The bed was very comfortable! This is a great option if you are only looking to stay for a night or two.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 January 2012

We had booked here based on the reviews and was not wary when I received an email advising us that we had been upgraded and moved to a sister motel, the Seaside Motel. I won't delve deeply into its deficiencies but to say that it is an overpriced, half-renovated and amateurishly decorated old dump is enough. IIf this is an upgrade then I hate to think what the Seville is really like.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank VancouverDave
Reviewed 12 September 2011

If you are looking for a clean hotel without all the bells and whistles and conveniently located, this is your place. I stayed one night. The hotel was clean, inexpensive, and close to the beach and restaurants. If all you want to do is sleep in a clean bed, this is a good place to stay. Other than that, the hotel room was small, the bathroom was small, and tyhe hotel itself is very outdated. No coffee or irons in the room, I thought that was strange. The shower is enough for one person to stand in, that's it. I would stay again, but only for one or two nights max.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Fl0rida_Gyrl
Reviewed 29 August 2011

Hotel was less than 1 block from the beach and a short walk to good restaurants and bars.

That said, the hotel is only pet friendly if your dog is under 25 lbs. They did not disclose this on priceline, their website, nor their confirmation correspondence. When I showed up with my 45 lb dog I was only then told of this policy. I ended up having to board her at $50 a night. So much for a bargain price.

Also, bathroom was dingy. Showering after dark was difficult because of no light above the shower. The security chain was broken as well. They took down the power to do renovations for a whole day so I lost internet access as well.

I won't be staying there again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo