“the right place for the right crowd.”

Cheston House Gay Resort
Montreal
“the right place for the right crowd.”
Reviewed 27 February 2012

okay, the weather was lousy so we weren't able to take advantage of all the property could offer. the staff were efficient and friendly and made us feel welcome. it would be great to have a hot tub for the cool evenings and the pool was not heated enough on most nights. the rooms were clean, but there was no tub to settle into.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dekkydek

Families
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 6 February 2012

What an amazing experience... we stayed at Cheston House before embarking on a cruise from Port Everglades. The staff are personable and helpful. The guests were friendly as well, with no attitude. The grounds were well kept, with some pretty hibiscus flowers in bloom. Our suite was spacious and comfortable (the interior was a bit dated and not perfectly kept up, but that didn't impact our stay). As other reviewers mentioned, free happy hour drinks certainly made us happier.

The outstanding thing about Cheston House is really the service. The staff were helpful beyond measure, never rude or too busy for us, and even invited us to come back at no charge after our cruise to hang out during our long layover before our departing flight. They really made our stay and our trip much easier than it would have been had we stayed somewhere else.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank JoshinSF
Albany NY
Reviewed 30 November 2011

We just visited Cheston House again and, as always, had a wonderful stay. The hotel is still clean, fun, inviting, and just a great home in Fort Lauderdale. Not to mention that our room had THE most comfortable bed! The fitness room is new, and the property is beautifully maintained by the congenial manager Chuck and his staff, Earl and Andrew. They always go out of their way to make our stay enjoyable, and do lots of extras along the way. The other big plus is the clientele. Not pretentious, no "attitude", just really nice guys from all over the country who enjoy meeting and getting to know other guests. We love our times of leisurely days, having wine and snacks by the pool with friends each afternoon/evening, late dips in the pool. It all makes for a relaxing and friendly vacation. You can't beat Cheston House in Fort L.!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LeeAlbany
Stewartstown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 22 October 2011

What a great week long stay here and solo. Great guys that stayed here and very social enviroment. Nothing fancy, just very clean and very friendly. Very nice pool area to enjoy clothing optional or just a quick walk to Sebastian Beach. Located right in the gay area one block from the beach. Just one block from Tropic Cay outdoor bar where the drinks are strong and the company is awesome. Definitely will be returning on my next stay in Fort Lauderdale. Make it your choice, you will be very satisfied!!! Chuck and his staff at the Cheston House are the BEST!! Thank you!!!

Room Tip: I had a single room but they have apartment type rooms as well!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Bobby12281963
high point
Reviewed 28 August 2011

We went to Ft Laud and stayed at the Hilton for 2 days then moved our stay to Cheston House. This was not our first time here and we are never disappointed. Chuck and his staff always goes out of their way to ensure our trip is perfect. (They even let us borrow their personal plates, knives, spices, etc.. to host a cook out) and colds meds (woke up with a stuffy nose). They are an amazing team, extremely friendly. After staying at Cheston House it makes it very hard to stay anywhere else. Thanks again to all of them for another amaing trip.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ericbobby
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 27 July 2011

returned today from a 5 day stay at the Cheston House. First time staying at a gay property in Ft. Lauderdale. I was very please with the overall experience. The property is small and therefore pretty quiet at all times. The room was well and tastefully appointed. I thought the bed in my room was great and i spent a lot of time in it relaxing. Very short walk to the beach or the heart of atlantic boulevard. Management was very helpful with recommendations or any question I may have had. Earl did a very good job with keeping the room in good order. The pool area is very cozy and nicely landscaped and comfortable. Very nice stay for the money. I highly recommend the water taxi for getting around if you don't have a car. Also my best meal was the 15th Street Fisheries - had miso glazed sea bass that was fabulous. I highly recommend the property and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank pebouky
Washington, DC
Reviewed 4 July 2011

This was a last minute trip over the long holiday weekend for me. I made my plans two weeks prior to the Fourth, during which most, if not all, of the gay resorts are sold out. I initially contacted both the Elysium and the Worthington, but neither had availability. The staff at the Worthington, however, recommended I try Cheston House. So, after reading their reviews on here, most of which were good, I contacted Chuck, and made a reservation for 4 nights.

Since I’d never stayed here before, nor really heard anything about it firsthand, I was a bit apprehensive about the conditions, environment, and the type of gay, male clientele. That apprehensiveness went out the door the second I walked in through their front gate, and was greeted by Chuck, the property Manager. Chuck was pleasant, friendly, and accommodating from the moment I met him, taking me on a quick tour of the small property, to my room, and even introduced me to some of the guests visiting.

The guests were, for the most part, friendly and sociable. Though the wknd was pretty low key and quiet on the property, it was EXTREMELY relaxing, and at times, I had the large, heated pool all to myself. The only drawback about this property is the lack of a hot tub, which the owners really should consider putting in, especially given the clientele type.

I highly recommend anyone who's visiting to check out Cheston House for yourself. You won't be disappointed!

Also, make sure you check out their Facebook page. They occasionally have specials listed. I got 15% of my daily rate, which had been posted, and which was honored by Chuck even AFTER making my reservation.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo