“Poor customer service”

Cheston House Gay Resort
Vancouver Canada
“Poor customer service”
Reviewed 27 July 2007

I wrote to the property directly and asked if space was available in September 2007. They wrote back the next day saying yes the dates I requested were available and I could book online. I then noticed they offered a special of pay for 3 nights get the 4th night free. As I am going down to go on a Cruise for a week I wrote back and asked would they allow me to stay 3 nights prior to my cruise and use the 4th free night the night I return from my cruise since I have to stay over that night anyway. Simple question and a simple answer like Yes, no problem or No, sorry, nights must be consecutive, and I would have been happy and changed my vacation dates, but I heard nothing from them. I wrote to them first by replying to their email about availability and then through their website and still received nothing back. September is a slow month in Florida. You would think they would have welcomed the business and a New Customer...Needless to say I booked elsewhere...Their loss, both of revenue and creditability as a warm friendly resort...

Stayed July 2007
3 Thank Cody581

Families
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 28 May 2007

Just returned from a weekend stay at the Cheston House and loved it.

Everything was perfect. To start, there is plenty of guest parking, which is a plus when, staying close to the beach.

Check-in was fast and we were shown around the resort and then to our room.
We had one of the apartments with a living\dining combo, full kitchen, bedroom and bath. Everything was spotless! Free Wi-Fi and other amenities made this a perfect choice for us.

Pool and grounds are maintained to a great standard.
Evening Happy Hour was a great way to meet other guests. We really enjoyed the other guests here. Young, old, in between, everyone was friendly and seemed to enjoy meeting one another.

Breakfast in the morning was basic, but it was a good way to start the day.
Pool area was beautiful and there were plenty of chairs for sunning. They place was sold out during our stay, but it never felt crowded at the pool.

The staff here is also great, and went out of their way to be sure that each and every guest was happy.

We will certainly stay at the Cheston House when we return to Fort Lauderdale! We’ve stayed at other guesthouses in Fort Lauderdale and would choose to come back to the Cheston House.

• Liked — Amazing staff!
  • Disliked — Not one thing
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank coachdog1
Pittsburgh PA
Reviewed 16 October 2006

Just came back from my second stay at Cheston House, and will return again. The place is spotlessly clean, nice relaxed atmosphere, conveniently located to the beach.... just a great place to stay. Room was well kept, basic amenities... the refrigerator is a nice touch. Great staff.... Bill makes sure everyone feels welcome, and keeps his staff on their toes.

• Liked — general upkeep
  • Disliked — a good reading lamp might be nice
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank graycottag
Key West, Florida
Reviewed 7 July 2006

My partner and I stayed for 8 nights and loved it. We were looking for a small pet friendly all male hotel with a pool, close to the beach, full kitchen, etc. After looking at all the sites in Ft Lauderdale we chose Cheston House.

What a wonderful staff, clean rooms, big picture windows, and a fully stocked kitchen.
We met many nice guests who were coming and going throughout our stay. We are a monogamous couple and did not feel hit upon. People flirt all the time but some hotels we have stayed people would knock on our door at night, etc. A scene we are not into. There were a few parties in the afternoon that the Cheston House hosted for various organizations which we found fun and a nice change.

Even though high rises are going up all over the beach and there are about 14 other gay male places to stay in the six block area, we will stay with Cheston House each time as we truely felt at home.

We are both in the hospitality industry in Key West and know clean rooms and good service. Bill and his crew went one step more with us and made our stay the best.

• Stayed May 2006