We needed a last minute reservation and found the Hilton suites in Ft. Lauderdale. My husband is an "honors" member, but that didn't seem to give us anything extra. The room was very expensive, but there were few other options available. I am very familiar with Ft. Lauderdale as I have been travelling there annually for 40 years.
The room had an interesting layout. A half bath, kitchenette, small living room, small bedroom and large full bath. The balcony was long but at an angle so there was little ocean view. Also because the room was on the North side of the building there was never any sun on the balcony. There were no untensils or plates in the kitchen, you had to call and request those.
First impression was that the room was not cleaned thoroughly. The furniture was worn and torn in places. Several of the power outlets were not working. The half bath had hair on the floor. The curtains did not work well and had parts missing. The refrigerator made a horrible noise on an hourly basis which wasn't a big deal until it happened through the night. Even with the bedroom door shut is was still loud. It was not the ice maker.
One of the four elevators was out of service and often I had to wait for several cars to pass my floor because they were too full. Obviously a very busy time, so not a good time to have a non-working elevator.
The pool and dining room were on the 6th floor. At the pool there were not enough towels (I asked 4 times) and I was never approached by the pool staff for food or drink. There was a small coffee bar/carryout on the first floor but it was terribly busy all the time. I ordered room service and the wine had turned to vinegar.
There was valet only parking at $31 a day and the staff was nice, but it felt too nice because they had their hands out every time I needed access to my car. At $31 a day I was not inclined to tip every single time. Once they lost the car and it took about 1/2 an hour for them to locate it.
Upon check out I reported all of the above to the young lady who said "I'm so sorry, we try to make sure out guests are happy." She did not offer any refund of the bad wine or of anything for that matter. I was so unhappy I left early and was charged the extra reservation day anyway. So in a way this review is my only recourse. If you plan to spend time in Ft. Lauderdale I would avoid this Hilton property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort is located on the shoreline of Fort Lauderdale's exclusive north beach, between the palm-shaded boulevards of Sunrise and Las Olas. The Resort delivers the refined elegance of beach resort living, with unique tropical amenities and upscale accommodations, much larger than a regular hotel. Our vision is to provide Distinct Personalized Service by creating unforgettable experiences for our well-traveled guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hilton Hotels Direct, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Ft Lauderdale Beach Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Hilton Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Hilton