We are a family of 4. We spent the last week of March on our family vacation. We had very high expectations based on other reviews. It certainly is not a resort as another reviewer commented. The room, a suite, was well suited for 2 adults and 2 little kids. Our booking included a breakfast. The breakfast was very good but that's partly because we had a terrific server (the food in the salad bar setting tended to run short and it always took a while for it to be replaced). There were some charges that at the end of the day can appreciably bring up your stay per night. The beach service is overpriced. You have to pay $40 plus to get two chairs and an umbrella at the beach per day. However, the chairs are old and uncomfortable. There were never enough clean towels or any towels either at the pool or the beach. The reasons for the lack of towels changed during our stay and while these were amusing in the beginning, they soon became frustrating. It is really surprising that a hotel of this size does not have enough towels. The staff was minimally helpful but cordial. When we asked for an upgrade at the beginning our stay, we were shut down as soon as the words came out of our mouth. Although, in advance to our arrival, we specified that we wanted silverware and dinnerware, none were provided. The sofa was not made for our daughter and we had to wait at least 30 minutes for a maid to come and make it. Overall, there were too many little things that were poorly organized that shadowed many of the positives of this hotel. If you are looking for a flawless stay, this is not the hotel to do so, at least not for New Yorkers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort is located on the shoreline of Fort Lauderdale's exclusive north beach, between the palm-shaded boulevards of Sunrise and Las Olas. The Resort delivers the refined elegance of beach resort living, with unique tropical amenities and upscale accommodations, much larger than a regular hotel. Our vision is to provide Distinct Personalized Service by creating unforgettable experiences for our well-traveled guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Ft Lauderdale Beach Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Hilton Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Hilton