All reviewsrooftop deckacross the streetbeach chairsmanager matttwo king size bedskitchenette roomcasablanca restaurantparking is tightboogie boardssmall hotelperfect locationwalking distanceboutique hotelfort lauderdale beachan ocean view roomcoffee makerrestaurants and bars
Reviewed October 11, 2017

This is really a 2 or 3-star hotel with a motel feel but I'm giving my enjoyable stay a 4-star rating because of the following:
* Great location right across the street from the beach!
* Easy walking distance to many restaurants, souvenir shopping, and bars within 0.5-mile walk.
* Comfortable bed.
* Deluxe Room, 1 King Bed, Ocean View room was clean and very spacious for 2.
* beach towels, beach umbrellas, beach chairs for free daily use.
* Free Parking on site!
* No Resort Fee!

Room Tip: Great Ocean View from the "Deluxe Room, 1 King Bed, Ocean View" Very spacious for 2!
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Matt_Denson, General Manager at snooze, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2017

Thanks for the nice review and most importantly for choosing us! We categorize ourselves as a 2 star hotel so that people don't expect room service or bellhops or valet parking. Having said that, the vast majority of our guests like you rate their experience as 4 or 5 star. For that reason, we are honored that we are the number 4 hotel in the city on Tripadvisor based on how our guests review us.
I'm glad you appreciate the free parking and no resort fee. Many hotels on the beach have a room rate similar to ours. By the time you add their fee for parking, internet, and the resort fee, the cost doubles. We charge room and tax and that's it.
As you said, our location is also a great feature. Everything is walking distance including some of the finest restaurants and great nightlife. Most importantly, we are 60 feet from the ocean.
Thank you again for your kind review. We are so glad to hear you had a great time at the Snooze! We hope to see you again soon.
Kind Regards,
Matt

Reviewed October 3, 2017

Nice relaxing view of the beautiful beach. Don't forget the sunscreen! Oh, but if you do, the hotel provides beach necessities (towel, sunscreen, umbrella, etc.) to borrow - free of charge. You won't get that service at any other hotel. I don't know if I was more relaxed on the beach or at the rooftop of this hotel. As a history buff, I enjoyed the pictures of the hotel "back in the day." The manager was pleasant and informative.

Stayed: August 2017
1  Thank Debbie S
Matt_Denson, General Manager at snooze, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2017

I loved this review! Thanks for your feedback and for choosing us. I too love this history we display as art of what this building was in days past. We we became the Snooze, we closed the hotel for 6 months and remodeled every room and added the rooftop terrace. So we are both new and modern as well as part of classic old Fort Lauderdale.
We are glad to hear you had a great time. That's what we try do to for every guest every day. You have earned your oceanfront vacation. We make sure it is as fun and effortless as we can. That's why we have the freebies from sunscreen to chairs, to rafts, even stuff for the kids to make sandcastles.
We look forward to seeing you again here at the oceanfront Snooze Hotel!

Reviewed October 2, 2017

I happened upon Snooze when shopping for a reasonably priced hotel on or near the beach for a one night stay. We were flying to Nassau the next day and didn't need the Ritz. We just wanted convenience, something relaxing. Snooze fit the bill. The GM (Matt) is very welcoming and courteous. He has everything covered at the hotel- beach towels, beach chairs, snorkel equipment, umbrellas, sunscreen- you name it and you can leave home without it. This isn't a five star hotel and that's OK. It's a wonderful place to get the sand between your toes, walk down the boulevard and drink / eat to your heart's content before catching a "snooze." I'd go back in a heartbeat.
P.S. For the naysayers that say there is no pool- walk across the street and you'll find a massive saltwater fish tank. :)

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank april k
Matt_Denson, General Manager at snooze, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2017

Thanks April for the review and enjoying the Snooze! I loved when you said, "you name it and you can leave home without it." We try to have anything beachgoers need, even rafts and boogie boards!
You are right that we aren't one of those luxury 5 star resorts. They are fine and have their place, but we are all here because we love what you love, celebrating the beauty and fun of the ocean. We bring that vibe into our hotel and keep everything low key and relaxing. You get a spotless comfortable room with the things you need without paying for things luxury resorts charge. Our parking and Internet are free. I've never understood what a resort fee is. We gladly help plan your visit to the city we love.
I'm also pleased you appreciated my service. I'm the most visable team member since I am here over 50 hours a week (with this office view I am happy to work extra). But Ashlie, Gabby, and Brian have the same love of the beach and service that I do. We all look forward to having you back again soon for a great day at the beach and a cozy comfortable Snooze!

Reviewed September 30, 2017 via mobile

Snooze is a perfect little gem. Clean, comfortable, affordable and convenient to the three B's ....Beach, Bars and Booze...Food too I guess....i was a late arrival after the office was closed, but it was easy to arrange check in instructions from management the night before. Everything was perfect, highly recommend...

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Jason M

Thank you for your kind review and for choosing us! We reach out to every guest the day before they arrive by both email and text to find out arrival times and if there is anything extra that we could do to make vacations great. That way we prioritize early check ins and are able to tell guests about the easy late check in procedure. I'm glad that the procedure worked well for you. We also provide all of our guests with our 24 hour number that reaches either Ashlie or me. Even if the office is closed, we can be at the hotel within minutes.
Our location is great for the 3 Bs and one F. The beach is 60 feet in front of me (huge waves today!). The bars and nightlife are under 5 blocks away. the food options are great in this area. Casablanca Cafe is one of the top 10 restaurants in the city and is next door. They are also open late. Other great food spots are under 3 blocks away.
Thanks again for choosing the oceanfront Snooze Hotel! We hope to be of service again soon.
Kind Regards,
Matt

Reviewed September 28, 2017 via mobile

Looking for laid back affordability smack dab across from the beach..here it is. Clean rooms..awesome staff..lots of built in perks..free beach gear ..coolers..umbrellas..even sunscreen!
Beautiful views from roof and lovely terrace!
No resort feesssssss!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Pioneer672816
Matt_Denson, Owner at snooze, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2017

Thank you for staying with us and for your detailed review! Guests do love us for all our fun free amenities, including free wifi, free roof access, free parking, and a discount at jetski rentals across the street. No other hotel in our area offers all of these! Hope you had a great stay, and hope you do come back! If you have pictures please do share with us on facebook. Please let us know if we can improve on anything to get a five star review next time :)
Cheers,