All reviewsel vezliving roomw insidertower iidaily resort feemain poolmodern hotelocean view roomgreat view of the beachan umbrellaroom upgradelate checklarge balconyamazing hotelvalet parkinglobby bargreat pool
Reviewed December 19, 2017 via mobile

This hotel has a rooftop pool on the 5th floor over looking the beach. Very modern and happening place. This comes with a price. $40.00 valet parking and a $35.00 resort fee daily. Great location. Steak 954 is a must.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 19, 2017

My husband and I came here for a quick getaway a few months after we got married.
We have never stayed at a W hotel before and we probably won't any time soon. We decided to splurge and use our starpoints to stay at this luxury hotel. The room was bland and kind of small. The pool was great and a lot of fun, the location is unbeatable, and the drinks were tasty, expensive, but good. We never ate at the hotel since there were so many options close by to try.Overall it was a nice time.

Room Tip: Basic rooms are just that, basic. Splurge a bit and get an upgrade
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 17, 2017 via mobile

Wonderful, very large residential suites with sleek modern furnishings, full modern kitchen and living room with couch and large dining table at reasonable price - great for families. Steakhouse and room service are EXCELLENT with allergies!! Definitely our go to place when we are in Florida.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank highmaintennance
Reviewed December 16, 2017 via mobile

A quick stay during a year-end airline mileage run. I was looking forward to the promise of a great pool close to the beach...Welcoming and personable staff greeting - and Living Room bartenders were terrific, but I left (with my drink) once the uber-loud-can't-carry-on-a-conversation music started and the relative "millennial meat market" moved in.

My Platinum SPG Upgrade "oceanfront room" needs to be recategorized as a "parking garage view" or "view of the ocean from the rail of the balcony".

'Looked forward to a relaxing soak in the great tub, but after filling and draining the YELLOW water THREE times, I decided against it. When I inquired with front desk staff, I learned, "Oh that's just the color of the water in Ft Lauderdale." ????? After scrubbing yellow stains/residue off my bathroom sink (which I mistook for marble design at first), I needed a shower! I decided to keep my flip-flops on once I noticed the amount of (someone else's) hair all over the bathroom floor.

Certainly not what I expect from a W (or a discount motel, for that matter). Was offered "a few additional points for the bathroom cleanliness but the water is always yellow." No offer to credit the resort fee (didn't use pool or beach) and instead of an apology, I was told I should have asked to change rooms...late at night when I ran into these issues.

Really need to find a reason to stay at another W Hotel (other than the W Washington DC which is my go-to property in DC!).

When did "vibrant and trendy" come to mean "obnoxiously loud and unclean"?

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Travelanna503
Welcome T C, Manager at W Fort Lauderdale, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2017

Hello Travelanna503,

Thank you for taking the time to share your disappointments concerning your stay. Please accept our sincere apologies for the challenges you experienced. Your feedback has been shared with our Leadership Committee to ensure that is an incident that is corrected moving forward. Please know it’s through comments like yours that will keep us on task, until we provide each of our guests with a memorable stay.

All the best,
Brian P.

Reviewed December 15, 2017 via mobile

I had the worst stay at a hotel ever at this W which usually you can’t go wrong with. I stayed for 1 night was moved 3 times and then told I would be comped some money off the closing bill. Decided since they offered a nice rate to stay again since i didn’t get to enjoy anything the night before being moved so many times. First room had a filthy toilet not flushed :( broken phone/coffee second room ac was leaking and condensation literally saturated the tile floors almost killed myself walking in and slipping and then laying on the bed soaked and my clothes in closet wet as well. They then moved me to a beautiful end suite. Next morning they offered to keep me in the suite if I wanted to book and another night. So I booked. Went in to grab a treat the Starwood rep told me they would have at front desk only to be told we need to move you from the suite now we have guest coming in.... I was in shock Told them that would be the 4 th room move I’m less than 24 hrs. Long story short the front lady rolled her eyes was extremely mean and unprofessional and then tried to have the manager speak with me and move me from the suite to the tiniest room with no view. I decided to pack up and leave and was horrified at the way I was treated especially since I told them I was there in medical leave and had been battling an illness and was super excited to have the day off from medical and docs. I received my bill only to be shocked no comps and they charged me for 3 nights when I wasn’t even at the hotel for 24 hrs. They never reversed the charges even after j called so many times emailed and contacted my bank. I had to dispute the charges with my bank and only one of the nights was taking off because they still had me showing as staying for the second night. Huge disappointment disgusted at the management and whole way their establishment scams high bills and never removes their mistakes and over charges as I see this is mentioned in almost every negative review. Shame on you W! I have been a Starwood member for years and they absolutely lost my business! Stay at the Ritz!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Michelle B
Haley D, Manager at W Fort Lauderdale, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2017

Hello Michelle B,

We addressed the issues from your stay in July with you directly. We appreciate you sharing your feedback.

All the best,