All reviews el vez living room w insider tower ii the mexican restaurant resort fee covers modern hotel main pool ocean view room corner suite ocean front washer dryer large balcony great view of the beach location is excellent across the street room upgrade
Reviewed January 8, 2018 via mobile

Having stayed at the W in other cities this is by far the worse. There was mold in the bathroom. The balcony paint was peeling off and there was stains by the door. We asked for extra wine glasses as we were meeting friends before dinner and they were filthy. We sent them back. The second night we left to go to the Westin as we are SPG members.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Pablo S
Haley D, Manager at W Fort Lauderdale, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2018

Hello Pablo S,

Thank you so much for your loyalty to W Hotels and for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are concerned to hear of the issues you mentioned, and would like the opportunity to discuss your experience further. Please feel free to email us directly at GM.WFortLauderdale@whotels.com so we can assist.

Reviewed January 7, 2018 via mobile

Awesome property, amazing staff. The renovation is absolutely stunning and the room we had (Two bedroom suite) was beautiful. We came here to relax and sleep off a week of partying in Miami and we were not disappointed. One of my favorite W properties that I have visited, and although we were there during one of those lovely and sporadic South Florida storms, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will be sure to return during our next trip. Thanks for the early check in and late check out, we needed it .

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends

Hello Elliot B,

You flatter us with your feedback about our $55 million makeover and being one of your favorite W Hotels! We're happy to hear that we were able to accommodate a much needed early check in and check out for you. Sounds like you fully enjoyed relaxing in your two-bedroom suite with its full kitchen, living room, dining room and washer/dryer unit. We can't wait for your next stay with us!

Reviewed January 5, 2018

Having stayed at my share of Florida hotels, this one clearly had the AC turned off for a long period of time, which will give any FL hotel room a very musty smell. Once I run into that, I cross it off the list. Never again will I stay here. This is the 4th property I've stayed at on Ft. Lauderdale beach but this was my first time at the W and the only one where I had that "FL mold smell" to the room. As soon as I walked in the room, I could smell the mold. It was also really hot in the room. I complained to the bellman who got an AC guy there right away. That helped a little but once that mold smell gets into carpeting, it's pretty much impossible to get it out.

I am a platinum member and I was treated as such - I will give the hotel credit for that. They upgraded me to an ocean front room and it was nice. A corner room with a nice lanai overlooking the beach. Unfortunately, it was overlooking the pool area - I was 3 floors above the pool on the 8th floor. Over the weekend, they had the boombox going at the pool, it was so loud, I could hear it in the room and it ruined sitting on the lanai during the day.

The hotel is seriously understaffed and it has a weird layout. One side has a elevators that only go to the 4th floor from the parking to where the lobby is - then you have to catch other elevators on the other side to catch an elevator to your room.

The room itself is 70's meets Miami Vice 80's and tries to be modern. CHEEZY. The baseboard of the bed had a 70's wooden baseboard painted to look modern with gold shiney paint. The night stands have that white laminate furniture so big in the 80's. There were outlets on either side of the bed but they often didn't work. There's a nice desk and TV but the desk has so much stuff on it - like a big tray of snacks they want you to buy, that there's hardly any room for anything else. Along with bottles of water they want $4 a piece for.

The room has a nice expresso maker. They will give you a regular coffee maker upon request, which they promptly did.

The bathroom was nice but there was hardly any water pressure in the sink.

The pool area is very small and there are two pools. People go down to the pool at 7 am and reserve their space and then don't bother to show up for the day. The pool areas are way too small for the size of the hotel. It was hard to find a lounge chair.

We had drinks at the bar, it was decent for a hotel bar.

The one positive I will say with this hotel is despite it being so understaffed, the staff really did try to bend over backwards for our visit. They brought up the coffee maker and gave us plenty of coffee - if we had a request, we got it quickly. The valets were also really nice but the lines were always really long. Lines were long everywhere.

I felt ripped off like a tourist, which isn't usually my experience on Ft. Lauderdale beach.

Room Tip: The pool is on the 5th floor overlooking the beach but they play loud music & you'll hear it if you are staying by the pool.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank clubnev
Welcome T C, Front Office Manager at W Fort Lauderdale, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2018

Hello Clubnev,

Thank you for taking the time to share your disappointments concerning your stay. Please accept our sincere apologies for the challenges you experienced. Your feedback has been shared with our Leadership Committee to ensure that is an incident that is corrected moving forward. Please know it’s through comments like yours that will keep us on task until we provide each of our guests with a memorable stay.

Carmie Augustine-Grant
Front Office Manager

Reviewed January 5, 2018 via mobile

The hotel has a good location right in front of the beach, but without beach exit, you have to cross thru car lobby ,rooms are ok but not superb, pool is full but ok and the views are stunning
Front desk personal was kind, for the price isn’t the better choice

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Anafofi

Hello Anafofi,

Our central location gives guests incredible access to glittering Fort Lauderdale Beach as well as the area's top restaurants and nightlife. We're glad to hear that you enjoyed the stunning views as well as the service you received from our Welcome Agents. We hope you'll stay with us again the next time your travels bring you to the area.

Reviewed January 4, 2018

There is really nothing to W at all, its cold the architecture is bizarre. The pool is ridiculous and huge. Restaurants beyond awful. Not a family place unless you like to drop off your offspring in the semi dark heavily AC ed game rooms

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank DISSAPOINTED123
Welcome T C, Manager at W Fort Lauderdale, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2018

Hello DISSAPOINTED123,

Hoping all is well.

Thank you for providing feedback on your previous stay. Please accept my sincere apologies for the challenges you experienced. It’s comments like yours that will keep us on task, until we provide each of our guests with a memorable stay.

Brian P.